Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cant hear sounds from my windowes 2000 professional

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 john jefferson

john jefferson

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:12 AM

Posted 07 April 2010 - 02:03 AM

hello do anyone knows how to get the sound volumes working on windows 2000 professional.it tell me to go to the volume control.and on my volume control it says there are no active mixer devices available.it say got to control panal then go to add/remove hardware wizard.i went to that at least 100 times and still i cant get the volume on my windows 2000 professional. it dont even screen for windows media.i been doing so my instruction told on how to get sound for my windows 2000 professional but none works. if got info on it try to make it the easiest information on getting sound for windows 2000 professional thanks john jefferson

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bleepingnetwork

bleepingnetwork

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 PM

Posted 07 April 2010 - 09:06 AM

You may have tried these things already but I will try and throw out a few Ideas at you.

First: ensure known working speakers are being used, maybe try a set of head phones as well to ensure redundancy.

Second: I would have to say check your device manager to see if it is even showing an audio device.
Start->right click "my computer" ->Manage ( or go via Control panel.) Select device manager.

third: Either way whether good or bad in step two, check the manufacturer of the hardware and see if they have Driver support. Most do, so download the most recent drivers, and try to install them.

fourth: If this is not fruitful try opening the case and see if your Audio device is connected properly, if it is onboard audio or a sound card there is a good chance a Wire should be connecting it. Ensure all your connections are proper hardware wise.

fifth: If you can maybe try a different known working sound card. Also depending on the architecture some hardware devices if too old or with poor legacy support also may not be supported with windows 2000.

Let us know how it goes from there and Good luck!

#3 john jefferson

john jefferson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:12 AM

Posted 10 April 2010 - 02:18 AM

there is no audio device labled on my device manager,on the sticker its says windows 2000 professional 1-2 cpu.it shows some volumes but its gray and i cant move it with the mouse i think i got to turn white colored so i can freely move it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users