Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Who created Combofix?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 jdbaker82

jdbaker82
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 PM

Posted 24 April 2010 - 04:56 PM

Hello jonm.

Can someone please explain why all the $$$$$$$$$$ making AV software companies can't do the same thing?

CF uses more powerful removal methods than AVs. If AVs did this, and a false detection occured, it may leave thousands of computer's crippled because they are so widely used. This is why we insist that CF only be used under supervision, so that any mishaps can be fixed and reported quickly.

With Regards,
The Panda

Perhaps we should add McAfee to our list of dangerous anti-malware tools? :thumbsup:

LOL TRUE DAT

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#17 DeathStalker

DeathStalker

• Banned
  • 868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 PM

Posted 24 April 2010 - 06:02 PM

Perhaps we should add McAfee to our list of dangerous anti-malware tools? :thumbsup:

I don't care WHO you are, that right there is funny.

Edited by DeathStalker, 24 April 2010 - 06:03 PM.

#18 Pawn3d

Pawn3d

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 PM

Posted 14 April 2014 - 11:24 PM

Seriously I cannot find any information except that his paypal is registered in Malaysia.....Really got to give whoever it is props he deserves a nobel prize or something ohmy.gif

Just to make sure everyone knows, the only real Paypal donation address for sUBs is: combofix@live.com. Others are impostors.

Because I almost donated to some guy with an AOL account, then I was like "AOL? something isn't right..."

So basically, this is his donation page is legit?

Edited by Pawn3d, 14 April 2014 - 11:26 PM.

#19 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,953 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 PM

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:42 AM

Yes...The PayPal donation link (combofix@live.com) for sUBs is provided on the ComboFix download page.

BleepingComputer Review:
ComboFix is a program, created by sUBs...For those who wish to help finance the author's work, he is accepting contributions via Paypal. You can contribute by clicking on the following image: donate_3.gif

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users