Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Psguard

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 IamFrank

IamFrank

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 PM

Posted 19 September 2005 - 05:04 PM

Hello, I have spyware called psguard. I have done a search in my computer, and deleted all of the files that came up. I also ran spysweeper many,many times, each time it comes up, each time I delete it, and each time it comes back. I don't know how to get rid of it, everytime I do get a virus or something I take it to a computer person, but it is costly. I need to find a way to do this myself. Please help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2005 - 05:12 PM

Have you tried running your anti-spyware applications in Safe Mode?
Are you sure that what you are finding after deleting these is not their being in a quaratine file (have you checked the path to what is being found?).
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 IamFrank

IamFrank
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2005 - 05:37 PM

Yes, I have. I looked again, there are two files that it must come from I guess, but I can't delete it because it says "Cannot read from the source file or disk", other times it says, it can't be removed because someone else is using this application or something, and it says it may be in a hard drive on this computer, or on a network.

#4 IamFrank

IamFrank
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2005 - 05:43 PM

In spysweeper, it says sometimes I can't delete it because it still contains folders, and that I should manually delete it through windows explorer, I know where that is, but I can't find anything related to psguard.

#5 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2005 - 06:26 PM

A solution would be to post a HJT log to the appropriate forum, where our volunteer staff can work with you to eradicate the malware. Instructions for posting, and the procedure involved can be found here:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/How...s-Log-t956.html

Carefully read and follow the instructions. Please be patient after posting, since logs are taken in a first-posted/ first-reviewed order, and there are members ahead of you in the queue.

Regards,
John

Edited by jgweed, 19 September 2005 - 06:27 PM.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#6 IamFrank

IamFrank
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2005 - 07:01 PM

Thanks much, very helpful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users