Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Audio after Win 7 upgrade

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 scoobysnack11

scoobysnack11

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 PM

Posted 06 April 2010 - 07:16 PM

Well, a friend loaded a bootleg copy of Win 7 ultimate on my laptop a few months ago.. All aero stuff and all my audio worked fine.

My company recently got the Windows action pack. We have 10 copies of Win 7 Pro.

I reloaded it to have a legal copy. At first after activation. The Aero preview window was grayed out. I updated the driver
and that now works, but I have no sound on the PC.

The little speaker in the bottom right corner near the clock, says "No Audio Output Device is installed, when you hover over it.

When I click on the speaker it opens the troubleshooter and the results say. Hardware changes might not have been detected.

I have an Intel Pentium M processor 1.73 GHz, and the audio is onboard..

Any suggestions on what driver I can load to make sound work??

I went to Intel but found that I'm not as smart as there menus.

Help
Vinny

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,488 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2010 - 07:35 PM

we need the manufacturer and model of the laptop also is it a 64 bit or 32 bit install of win 7?
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#3 scoobysnack11

scoobysnack11
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2010 - 07:09 PM

The laptop is a Dell Latitude D610, running Windows 7 Proessional.

32 bit OS
1.5 GB RAM

Processor: Intel Pentium M processor 1.73GHz 1.73 GHz

Sorry for not including that on the 1st post.

#4 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,488 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2010 - 07:13 PM

have you updated windows, go into start--> all programs--> windows update then check the optional updates to see if there is an audio driver update for it.
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#5 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,719 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 AM

Posted 10 April 2010 - 07:17 PM

I reloaded it to have a legal copy

Clean install?
If so, did you install chipset driver?
What computer brand and model is it?

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#6 scoobysnack11

scoobysnack11
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2010 - 07:28 PM

I reloaded it clean I think.... I hope... I did update the video driver because at first the aero feature did not work. Then I noticed the sound not working.

I did not load any chipset drivers.. not sure how or what to load.

#7 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,488 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2010 - 07:30 PM

Go here and go to audio http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/...LAT_PNT_PM_D610
sigcomp.png 

#8 scoobysnack11

scoobysnack11
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2010 - 11:34 AM

I updated the driver and had it just browse the c: drive... it found something old and it works now... woo hoo.

Sorry ...

#9 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,488 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2010 - 12:25 PM

well im glad you fixed it and happy computing!! :thumbsup:
sigcomp.png 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users