Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Connecting

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 clank

clank

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 PM

Posted 19 September 2005 - 03:11 PM

Hi, When I try to conect to the Internet with Internet Explorer, Iam with Window XP and SP2. I get the following message, Runtime error
Program C\Programes Files\Internet
Explorer\ieplone.exe
This applications has requested the runtime to terminate in an unusual way please contact the application support team for more information. After that the computer usualy freezes. Tried to resore the computer to an earlier date but it will not bring up last month to restore only this months Restored it to earlier this month but it does the same. Whatever have I done, Clank

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2005 - 06:13 AM

Hi clank.

Are you sure about the name of that file, ieplone.exe? You shouldn't get runtime errors with IE.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#3 clank

clank
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2005 - 01:08 PM

Hi
Thanks again for the reply, I carnt read my own writing it is Explorer\ieplore.exe, its driving me daft. what is a runtime error and why shouldnt I get them with I E Thanks Clank

#4 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2005 - 01:34 PM

Lets say the file is iexplore.exe, as that is the Internet Explorer program file. In Control Panel, open the Internet Options and go to Tools>Internet Options>Advanced and remove the checkmark from "Display a notification about every script error" and put a checkmark in "Disable script debugging". Hopefully that will stop this behaviour.

If the error is not iexplore.exe but a file that looks similar, such as iexplorer.exe, this may be an indication of malware. Further, if the filename is correct, it still could be malware.

Let us know if that stops the error.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#5 clank

clank
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2005 - 08:58 AM

Hi Did as you said but there was no tick in display a notification about ever scritp error and there was allread a tick in Disable script bugging, as the Runtime error keeps coming up I checked it again sorry it says Explorer\iexplore.exe, I remembered when this all started my computer froze while on the net and I had to close it down by turning it off. I am able to get on the net with My packard bell companion browser, Thanks Clank

#6 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2005 - 09:36 AM

Lets put this on hold until your Norton issue is resolved and then we will revisit it.

#7 clank

clank
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2005 - 07:59 AM

Hi I am back have the Norton Internet Security issue is sorted thanks to you :thumbsup: Tried again to get on the net with my IE but still get the same runtime error message, As I said before Iam on the net through my Packard bell companian, which isnt as good and IE has all my fav lists and other settings Clank

#8 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2005 - 08:08 AM

Glad you got Norton figured out. :thumbsup:

Going through your other recent posts I see you have/had Backdoor Graybird. What is the status on that. Viruses and other malware can cause errors in IE.

#9 clank

clank
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2005 - 12:57 PM

Hi
Not going very well have scanned my computer with nothing showing up should I send a Hyjack log to you, or is there anything else I could do thanks Clank

#10 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 PM

Posted 23 September 2005 - 01:24 PM

POST the HJT log in the HJT Forum.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#11 clank

clank
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2005 - 04:19 AM

Hi,
Thanks for that will post HGT tonight, Have kept on running different free scans that are posted on your site and one came up with 32 Lovegate ADHKEY Current USER\Software\Reg value, means absolutly nothing to me but there wa a sever warning next to it
Clank

#12 clank

clank
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2005 - 10:44 AM

Thanks for the help up to now, have sent HJT log to HJT Forum at 01.09, 25th Sept 2005,
Clank

#13 clank

clank
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2005 - 11:00 AM

Hi, back again, OT has checked my log and sorted 2 minor items out but says it looked clean, still unable to conect to the internet with IE, get the same error message as before , can you please help me further Clank. :thumbsup:

#14 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2005 - 07:07 AM

Sorry clank, been busy lately. Are you still having this problem?

Have you ever uninstalled ZoneAlarm on that computer?

#15 clank

clank
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2005 - 01:27 PM

Thanks Leurgy I understand how busy you are, that's probable due to your success :thumbsup: at being such a popular site, with Bleeping Computers I allways know you care and will sort things out for me, I don't mind waiting at all .Thanks. Now back to the runtime error, I dont think I have ever uninstalled Zone Alarm but knowing me Iam not 100% sure. However the problem has gone, the other night while on the net with my other web browser, I came across The Google Search bar to down load. I had it on my Internet Explorer before it went and found it of great help, well I clicked to down load and it came up, do you want it to down load to your Internet Explorer? , to see what happened I ticked YES, AND THATS WHAT IT DID. :flowers: I got my old IE back all the same with my favourites ets, What happened ? :trumpet: It all works fine now thanks for helping, Clank

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users