Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Paper Jam in Canon PIXMA ip4500

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cullism

cullism

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 AM

Posted 06 April 2010 - 04:43 PM

I have a Canon PIXMA ip4500. When I print the sheet is drawn in unevenly from either the rear tray or the cassette (one side of the page is drawn in but not the other, the printer emits a screech and the paper either tears or is jammed inside the printer.

Can I fix this myself? I assume that It would cost as much to have it repaired as to buy a new printer.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Delta16

Delta16

• Members
  • 417 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 PM

Posted 07 April 2010 - 05:03 PM

If the printer is damaged I would rather buy another one than repair it, as it would cost more.

To be sure check if the small drum that rotates, (which the printer uses to take paper sheets in) is rotating as it should ( example : not one part of the drum is rotating and the other part is not )

Regards
Delta

#3 cullism

cullism
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 AM

Posted 07 April 2010 - 05:21 PM

After posting my problem I went out and bought a Canon PIXMA ip4700. As you suggest, I assumed that repairing the old printer would cost more than buying a new one. When I get a chance I will dismantle the old one and check the drums. With luck I will find instructions on how to take the machine apart on the internet.

#4 Delta16

Delta16

• Members
  • 417 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 PM

Posted 08 April 2010 - 07:55 AM

If you search for the service manual of the old printer, it should guide you to dismantle it.

Regards
Delta

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users