Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista Security Alerts

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 muffinhead

muffinhead

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 AM

Posted 06 April 2010 - 04:21 PM

This is in regards to my infected laptop (running Windows Vista). I have a desktop that is currently uninfected which I can use (running Windows XP).

Yesterday, I was receiving notifications from a program called Antispyware Vista. I followed your guide online to remove it, pop-ups quit happening. Today I am plagued with "security alerts" by "Vista Security". I've already gone through the How-To Guide on your website. I made certain that Vista Security was running. I downloaded MalwareBytes and FixExe.reg onto a flash drive from my desktop and ran the FixExe.reg (while Vista Security was running), then installed and ran MalwareBytes full system scan.

MalwareBytes found nothing wrong in the scan, so I'm stuck here with Vista Security popup crap, beating my head against my desk in frustration. I believe this virus got into my computer from my fiancee looking at pr0n on my laptop. I don't know if that information will help, but I wanted to be thorough.

Edited by Budapest, 06 April 2010 - 04:57 PM.
Moved from Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs ~BP

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users