Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan Hiloti and 2010 Internet Security infection

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 bluntsister

bluntsister

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 PM

Posted 06 April 2010 - 01:26 PM

Hello BP staff:

This is a problem on my sister's laptop and she posted yesterday as cookiebugs47.

System Info: Dell Latitude E6500 BIOS Rev A12
Windows XP SP3
IE ? (cannot determine)

After watching a program on ABC yesterday her computer started getting popups, opened Task Manager and cancelled every application running and thought she was in the clear. Started having more pop-ups occur that I think was scareware and fake alerts, i.e. 2010 Internet Security. Suggested she run mbam and sas - done and both found Trojans. Then more pop-ups, McAfee disabled, internet access disabled, unable to run .exe files, etc.

Current status: A useless computer
Unable to get to the internet
Unable to execute any program
Many "Application not found" messages when trying to
execute programs.

My question: Can we recover from this? Or should we run rkill and start from scratch?
I would like to try to recover. I read that I should post a DSS log and
a GMER log - can I download the software to a CD on a clean computer
so I can get the process started.

Thanks for your help.

Kathy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users