Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Audio Driver Crash

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 providence

providence

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 AM

Posted 06 April 2010 - 01:01 PM

I somehow crashed my audio driver. I am running 32 bit vista and crashed my realtek hd audio driver.

I downloaded a replacement driver from realtek, but during install I get this error:

Error Code: -5006 : 0x80030005
Error Information:
>Kernel\CABFile.cpp (758)
>SetupDLL\SetupDLL.cpp (1182)
pAPP:Realtek High Definition Audio Driver
PVENDOR:Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
PGUID:f132af7f-7bca-4ede-8a7c-958108fe7dbc
$11.50.0.42618
@Windows (6000) IE 8.0.6001.18702

So I went to the device manager and uninstalled and reinstalled the existing driver. This didn't work either.

Everytime I boot my computer it pops up with a window that says the driver has stopped working and "windows is searching for a solution" but it won't work.

I was messing with autoruns prior to this error appearing, but when I went back and looked through my settings, I can't see any autoruns that I disabled that are related to the audio driver.

any ideas of how I can fix this? :huh:

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DeathStalker

DeathStalker

• Banned
  • 868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 AM

Posted 06 April 2010 - 02:08 PM

Try this Windows Fixit for sound issues and see if it helps you out.

#3 providence

providence
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2010 - 03:28 PM

No Dice.

All it tried to do was uninstall and reinstall the driver. It didn't work.

Something is causing the driver installation to error out, namely the error above...

#4 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,457 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2010 - 03:31 PM

maybe try updating the driver this MIGHT work, emphasis on might.

sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat too! |

#5 providence

providence
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2010 - 03:40 PM

I found the driver in autorun that I disabled that caused this problem. I now have sound perfectly. Thanks for your time guys.

#6 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,457 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2010 - 03:57 PM

Glad you have solved the problem and why were you messing with autoruns anyway?

sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat too! |

#7 DeathStalker

DeathStalker

• Banned
  • 868 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2010 - 04:55 PM

Glad you have solved the problem and why were you messing with autoruns anyway?

Because he COULD lol? That's how you learn stuff, go in and play with things. When you break it, you try to figure out what you did wrong, you come someplace like this and ask for help, or when all else fails you re-install. It's not like breaking your computer ends all life as we know it lol.

Good job providence, sorry I wasn't of any help. Glad you got it figured out. If you don't mind me asking, how did you turn off a driver using autoruns? I haven't messed with it as much as I should have and I don't want to make the same mistake when I DO start palying with it. I had the old version, this newer one has more toys attached and I haven't opened them all yet..........

Edited by DeathStalker, 06 April 2010 - 04:56 PM.

#8 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,457 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2010 - 04:58 PM

haha yeah... i guess i still have a lot to learn haha, i should have guessed though that's how we all learn.

sigcomp.png 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users