Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't boot up when connected to the network

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Christina8801

Christina8801

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:49 PM

Posted 06 April 2010 - 10:34 AM

I've googled this topic until my eyes are about to pop out of my head. I had lots of results but no clear solution to my problem! I'm an IT professional but apparently not advanced enough to know what to do here (or how to do it). Here's the story:

Last Monday I started to notice a distinct slowdown when trying to print from certain programs (Adobe PageMaker and Adobe Acrobat, specifically). It would take forever just to bring up the print dialog box. By Wednesday, I tried to print from PageMaker and it totally locked up the PC. I had to force it to shutdown, and upon booting back up, it completely hung at "Applying Computer Settings" (I got as far as entering my password, then it hung). I let it sit while I went out to lunch and it never did continue past that step.

I've done chdsk and installed a new NIC but nothing's helped. Even tried a new patch cord. Nada. Oh, I figured out that it might be a DNS issue from all the sites I read...I can reboot just fine when the network cable is disconnected (yes, I'm on a small business network with Active Directory...these problems started happening completely randomly...no change in hardware, software, etc.). So once I boot up without trying to connect to the network, I can plug it back in and get on our network and online just fine.

I'm very frustrated at this point...please help!!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 AM

Posted 06 April 2010 - 12:13 PM

Have your profile deleted on your local machine then created on the Domain Controller.

#3 Christina8801

Christina8801
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2010 - 01:58 PM

Sorry, but would you mind telling me how to do both of those things? Thank you!!

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 AM

Posted 06 April 2010 - 02:07 PM

I am not sure how to do that, but google may know.

#5 Christina8801

Christina8801
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2010 - 02:36 PM

So I deleted my profile from my PC, deleted my user from AD then added it again, but I'm still having the same problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users