Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

i want to erase the stop:c0000139 from my computer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 john jefferson

john jefferson

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 PM

Posted 06 April 2010 - 06:23 AM

hello i tried to fix a printing on my computer it required a cd disk the disk had worked some but it never finished.so it keep a screen on my computer for hours so i turn off the computer because it wouldnt do nothing but show the screen.so i turn back on the dell dimension 4300 and i couldnt work it bacuse a screen read stop:c0000139 (entry point not found) the procedure entry point DnsNameCompare_A could not be located in the dynamic link library DNSAPI.DLL. i cure it from pressing f12 then f2 then i put in the windows 2000 professional disk in it came on and ask me did i wanted to repair from where it came from .now it could be erased from the disk but im here to make sure it was in a sound card situation also and the stop:had a number count to it it would count to100 then clear. so please any information on this let me know now about my dell dimension 4300 it usta have xp but the xp went out some way then i got a windows 2000 professional disk what it says on that sticker to get now it playing in windows 20000-john jefferson

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ken-in-West-Seattle

Ken-in-West-Seattle

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 AM

Posted 06 April 2010 - 05:56 PM

Dell will sell you a disk for whatever os came with your computer for 6.99 plus shipping.

What you are asking is incomprehensible. Tell us what your first language is and perhaps some one can help you in that language.

#3 john jefferson

john jefferson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 PM

Posted 07 April 2010 - 01:42 AM

Im a african american so likely my language is enlish and english only

#4 Ken-in-West-Seattle

Ken-in-West-Seattle

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 AM

Posted 07 April 2010 - 08:48 AM

ok then.

post the service tag number from the back of your 4300.

Also look at the COA sticker and see if it says xp or windows 2000.

You have probably buggered the OS so bad you should reinstall.

Dell will sell you the disks for whatever OS your computer shipped with originally. They are really cheap if available.
6.99 plus shipping for the last sets I ordered.

Some are so old they will not show all the "as shipped" details but you need to go to the Dell support site and enter your "service tag" number to see what info is available.

4300's usually did not have a recovery partition but some of the later ones did.

You cannot do a repair install of an xp system with a w2k disk (if that is what you described in your original post) You have to start from scratch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users