Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mozilla Firefox Update Headaches.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 TQUAD

TQUAD

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 AM

Posted 06 April 2010 - 02:30 AM

Greetings Experts,
I recently made the mistake of updating my version of Mozilla Firefox 3.5 to the new 3.6.2. Naturally it promised it would give me 'Safer' web browsing and greater security. Until now I had not had any problems. After the update nothing but problems. The first problem I had to fix was the loss of the 'Right Click' mouse function. After that was restored I hoped I was done but I wasn't that lucky. Now, when I am at any website that requires me to enter any information prior to downloading a file or application Firefox does not work and the download will not happen. A good example would be if I was trying to download a mp3 file. I had at least three websites for mp3's that now won't work. If I use my old version of Internet Explorer they work fine. Before the update if I hit the Back button Firefox would simply go back one web page and that was it. Now if I hit the Back button Firefox displays a 'Resend or Cancel' box that must be clicked in order to go back. This is not only irritating but really stupid. Like the Right Click screw up whoever thought this was a good idea should be fired immediately. Is there any simple way to fix these things without uninstalling and losing all my passwords and bookmarks? I am using XP Pro. Any assistance will be appreciated.
TQUAD

Edit: Fixed broken BBcode tags, reduced excessive font size to ensure ease of topic readability. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 AM

Posted 06 April 2010 - 11:49 AM

When you remove firefox your profiles are are not touched.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users