Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HiJack Tutorial

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 chequer

chequer

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 AM

Posted 05 April 2010 - 07:28 PM

Sorry, I couldn't find out where to enter my introduction
For the record: I am going on for 82, have a chronic illness that restricts me from going out very often.
I raced pigeons for 53 years, hence the name 'chequer' derived from the fact that my best birds were Blue Chequers.

The AumHa forum recommend that I download a 'HighjackThis' tutorial as I don't know anything about how it works.
Could please supply a link to it.
chequer,
When the game is over, the king and the pawn share the same box.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,528 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 PM

Posted 05 April 2010 - 10:08 PM

Welcome to Bleeping Computer. I believe the following link is what The AumHa Forum was referring to: Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help

The title was changed shortly after the first of the year. You may wish to let them know for future referrals. :thumbsup:

Good Luck to you with your issue.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 chequer

chequer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2010 - 10:18 PM

Sorry, I couldn't find out where to enter my introduction
For the record: I am going on for 82, have a chronic illness that restricts me from going out very often.
I raced pigeons for 53 years, hence the name 'chequer' derived from the fact that my best birds were Blue Chequers.

The AumHa forum recommend that I download a 'HighjackThis' tutorial as I don't know anything about how it works.
Could please supply a link to it.

Sorry I want the 'Hijack This' tutorial download
chequer,

#4 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 PM

Posted 06 April 2010 - 12:55 AM

I am thinking this is what you are looking for. We are a bit curious why you need it though http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-use-hijackthis/

chequer, if you are having a malware problem, HiJackThis is just a diagnostic tool and at this time is not a useful tool in actually removing a lot of the malware in the wild these days. If you need help with a malware issue do consider Animal's link to the Preparation Guide. If you plan to post a HiJackThis log on this forum they are going to ask you for logfiles from the tools referred to in the Preparation Guide.

If you just need it for other reasons, there is a download link included in the link I give to you above. Just be warned. HiJackThis may not be able to remove a very stubborn Malware but it can cause other problems if used incorrectly. Please be aware of how you use HiJackThis.

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#5 chequer

chequer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2010 - 07:15 PM

I am thinking this is what you are looking for. We are a bit curious why you need it though http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-use-hijackthis/

chequer, if you are having a malware problem, HiJackThis is just a diagnostic tool and at this time is not a useful tool in actually removing a lot of the malware in the wild these days. If you need help with a malware issue do consider Animal's link to the Preparation Guide. If you plan to post a HiJackThis log on this forum they are going to ask you for logfiles from the tools referred to in the Preparation Guide.

If you just need it for other reasons, there is a download link included in the link I give to you above. Just be warned. HiJackThis may not be able to remove a very stubborn Malware but it can cause other problems if used incorrectly. Please be aware of how you use HiJackThis.

Thanks for your reply Pandy,
I have to send a Hijack log to the AUHMA forum.
They, the AUMHA forum, suggested that I get the Hijack tutorial to learn how to use it
chequer,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users