Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New iPad sub-forum

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 AM

Posted 05 April 2010 - 06:18 PM

Haha...thought I'd be the first to stretch my legs in the new iPad sub-forum...when I first saw it on the main forum page, I was like a cow standing at a new gate. :wacko:

Anyway...

Yeah, I don't have much interest in owning an iPad. To me, it's the worst of both worlds: Mac and iPod Touch. You get the bulk of the Mac (yes, I know how thin the iPad is) but only the functionality of the iPod Touch. To me, it just isn't worth it. If I want portable computing, I'll take my netbook. The logistics of holding it just seems awkward...

If you're bored, go watch Chris Pirillo's unboxing of the iPad. He's a nut. :blink: But hey, he's a fellow geek. :guitar:

Turns out my university's bookstore started selling them today, previously unbeknownst to me. I was actually planning on paying them a visit soon to purchase a protective case for my netbook. So if they have any iPad's left, I'm sure I'll mess around with one while I'm there just to see what it's like. The "newness" will obviously win most people over....yeah, I'm sure I'll be smiling if/when I try it out...it's a fancy new toy...who wouldn't?

So yeah, enjoy your iPad if you get one, and let us know how it is.

Cheers, BC folks! :guitar:

kN
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,514 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 AM

Posted 05 April 2010 - 06:26 PM

yeah i dont really like it either i would have enjoyed it much more if the had the mac OS X running on it. i wonder if someone will create a linux that will work on it... no wouldn't that be fun haha....

Yeah anyway i think it would be good for businesses and the like...
animinionsmalltext.gif
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#3 xXAlphaXx

xXAlphaXx

• Members
  • 867 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 PM

Posted 07 April 2010 - 11:47 AM

Oh yes, Pirillo certainly is a nut isn't he?

I don't know about the iPad. I thought it was a joke apple was playing on us until recently. I honestly think this will be a flop. It indeed is nothing but a large iPod touch and an expensive one at that. The wifi models of them really I see as totally useless if youa lready have an ipod touch. You might have something if you have the 3G model but then, continuing along with that train of thought, you could do what I did and replace your phone with an iPhone

Either way I think the iPad is a lose-lose situation It seems Apple is running out of ideas.

Edited by xXAlphaXx, 07 April 2010 - 11:49 AM.

If I am helping you and I do not respond within 24 hours, please send me a PM. :)

#4 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:49 AM

Posted 07 April 2010 - 12:42 PM

Pffft. I need the power that only a desktop tower can provide :blink:. Have fun with your toy, iPad people; this geek has serious business to attend to! :guitar: :guitar:

#5 s1lents0ul

s1lents0ul

• Members
  • 544 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 PM

Posted 07 April 2010 - 01:23 PM

I think the fact that it does even have a camera on it is a complete let down.

This would be the only advantage this has over the Ipod 3GS besides its faster processor and storage space capacity, that one would find useful. HD :guitar:

TV and video
Support for 1024 by 768 pixels with Dock Connector to VGA Adapter; 576p and 480p with Apple Component AV Cable; 576i and 480i with Apple Composite AV Cable
H.264 video up to 720p, 30 frames per second, Main Profile level 3.1 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format

Edited by s1lents0ul, 07 April 2010 - 01:26 PM.

==]--s1lents0ul-->

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users