Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Building New Computer

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Chevelle1258

Chevelle1258

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:40 AM

Posted 05 April 2010 - 04:42 PM

I am building a new computer from scratch and i have most of it picked out except for what ram to go with this MotherBoard and this CPU. My uncle told me that the ram has to "match" the motherboard and CPU. Currently i am looking at this set of RAM but i don't know how to tell if this is compatiable. Can anyone help me figure out?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Blaze413

Blaze413

• Members
  • 330 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2010 - 08:00 PM

as far as i can tell the are completely compatible

good luck with the upgrade :thumbsup:

#3 Delta16

Delta16

• Members
  • 417 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:40 PM

Posted 06 April 2010 - 01:19 PM

Just like Blaze said, they are compatible. :thumbsup:

Regards
Delta

#4 Chevelle1258

Chevelle1258
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2010 - 07:49 PM

Thanks for looking at it for me but, can you tell me how you determined this? I would like to know for the future.
@Blaze I hope I don`t need the luck. But just in case i will keep it in my backpocket.

#5 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 AM

Posted 07 April 2010 - 09:02 AM

Thanks for looking at it for me but, can you tell me how you determined this? I would like to know for the future.

Most motherboard manufacturers have a list of "Compatable RAM" on their website:
http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/t-series/...rt.php?S_ID=428

Just because RAM isn't listed, doesn't mean it won't work fine. Manufacturers just cannot test every memory combo out there.

My own personal preference in DDR3 (or any other memory for that matter) is max performance at the lowest voltage. As an example:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList....mp;Order=RATING

Some of that 1600 speed RAM does that speed at 1.5V.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#6 Blaze413

Blaze413

• Members
  • 330 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2010 - 09:38 AM

how i determined it was under the specification page on the ram it said that it was ddr3 1333 240pin ram (number of memory slots box) and under the specification page on ure motherboard it has listed that it uses 240pin ram and it has listed that it can take ddr3 1333 under the memory standard box

#7 Chevelle1258

Chevelle1258
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2010 - 01:51 PM

Alright thanks for all your help guys or girls what ever the case may be.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users