Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

problem please help!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jrobinson

jrobinson

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 PM

Posted 19 September 2005 - 07:56 AM

hey im thinking of buying a laptop over the internet but im not too sure. the description of the laptop is FAULTY-TRACK-PAD. can they be fixed and would it be worth buying anyway?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:19 PM

Posted 19 September 2005 - 08:34 AM

Welcome to BC.
I would be leery of damaged computers of any kind. Especially notebooks. They generally have proprietary components which are very expensive. I personally would not buy a notebook unless I could put my hands on it to inspect it. Some buy notebook computers knowing they a damaged to salvage parts from it to repair other computers. The bottom line is the person/company is probably selling the computer AS-IS. You could end up with a steal of a deal or a very large paper weight.
I have bought 5 notebook over the passed 4 yrs and two have been sitting on a shelf since '03 because they were damaged more sever than I thought. One was listed as the keyboard was not working. Come to find out whatever damaged the keyboard also damaged the motherboard, which made the notebook worthless except for the LCD screen.
It's your call but just be careful and good luck.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users