Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

new p4 system selection guide

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sohailmalik64

sohailmalik64

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 AM

Posted 19 September 2005 - 01:55 AM

i have been using p2 and p3 upto 500mhz processor with 512 mb pc100 RAM and 80 gb seagate 7200 hd. my requirements are working with graphics like adobe photoshop corel draw flash, office documents, net surfing with multiple simultaneous downloads. i want to open many a file simultaneously --- multitasking. but my current systems run very slow when i go for the tasks mentioned above. i do not want to go for games but need prompt response from my machine for the above mentioned tasks. budget restraint is there as well and i want to select between p4 or celeron. please guide me for all the necessary combinations ie processor mobo ram etc.

thanx

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stidyup

stidyup

• Members
  • 641 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2005 - 02:17 AM

If your on a budget why go for Intel???? I'd get a AMD they are cheaper and do the job just as well.

From my own experience even the budget range AMD's (Semprons) out perform Intel Celeron's.

#3 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 AM

Posted 19 September 2005 - 05:04 AM

Multitasking and graphics work is the textbook case for a dual-core processor. I'd recommend AMD's X2 processors if it weren't for the fact that they are a bit expensive for someone on a tight budget.
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#4 sohailmalik64

sohailmalik64
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2005 - 01:39 PM

THAKS GENTLEMEN but would you be kind enough to highlight the reasons for going for AMD instead of p4 or celeron -- would not there be any software issues
by change of the processor and motherboard

also what exactly would you recommend as a combination mobo proc and ram considering my requirements

would you give me some links where i can see the detail tech information for comparison of these systems to make my choice easy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users