Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Shortcut menu (right click fxn) keeps popping up

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ptdtd

ptdtd

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 PM

Posted 04 April 2010 - 09:42 PM

As described, my shortcut menu pops up repeatedly in all programs on my dell inspiron 1520. I have turned the touchpad functions off, and the problem remains. The menu does not necessarily pop up right underneath the cursor. Escape makes it go away, but it just comes back.

*The problem sometimes stops for a few moments, but then returns.

I have performed virus scans with Mcafee, AVG, malwearbytes with no success.

I performed a dds scan and saved the two logs, but when I try to save my GMER log, my computer crashes.

What should I do?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,807 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 PM

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:48 PM

Hello,

Sorry for the delay there. Unfortunately, things do slip past us in the Am I Infected forum. If you still need assistance, please don't worry about the GMER log. Please create NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please a description of your computer issues and describe what happens when you try to run GMER and include your DDS logs.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users