Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

magnify one section

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 rfgggg

rfgggg

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 PM

Posted 04 April 2010 - 07:38 PM

hey guys this time what i wanna do is take a photo and just magnify and save one section of the image...as in the whole image is there i dont not want to crop just one part but say i have a sign and want to make one of the letters bigger and keep the rest of it how would i do that.....

its kinda hard to explain but i hope that some one can figure out what im tryin to say and help me....

also if any one knows how to make another layer and themn only edit jsut that layer not both and then over lay them that would be great.....

Edited by rfgggg, 04 April 2010 - 08:00 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 AM

Posted 05 April 2010 - 12:36 AM

Since you don't say what software this relates to, I would take a guess and suggest you Google for "lens effect" and "using layers" with the name of the software package you wish to use.

Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 rfgggg

rfgggg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 PM

Posted 05 April 2010 - 09:52 AM

o right i was going to use photoshop cs3

#4 Xiodine

Xiodine

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 PM

Posted 25 November 2010 - 08:00 AM

It should be very easy with photoshop, you could use the Semi-circle select tool to cut it out of one layer, and place it on a new layer, then make the image on the new layer bigger, or you could select the part that you want to make bigger and go to Filters > Distort > Spherize. That would give a nice effect.

-Xio

Wannabe White hat helper!

#5 MelissaPleases

MelissaPleases

• Members
  • 537 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 PM

Posted 16 December 2010 - 11:19 AM

If you're wanting to increase size in a single letter in a sign, an alternative might be to use the Rectangular Marquee tool to out line the specific letter you want to make larger. Then, click on Edit > Transform > Scale. You can then use the handles located at the corners and the centers of each side to increase the size of the selected area.

Snowden03.png

~   Notorious Thread Killer   ~
Case: CoolerMaster Storm Trooper Full ATX | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-Z170X | CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 8M Skylake Quad-Core | GPU: MSI Radeon R9 390X 8GB 512-Bit | PSU: EVGA 80 PLUS GOLD 850 W | RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 SDRAM [4x8GB] Audio: Integrated Creative Sound Core 3D 5.1 | Internal Storage: Samsung 2 TB HDD | Seagate 1 TB HDD | Samsung 500GB SSD [x2] | Mushkin 500GB SSD | External Storage: Seagate 2TB | Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS324 Dual Layer

Display 1: AOC I2757Fh 27" | Display 2 & 3: LG 24MP57HQ-P 24" | Operating Systems: OS 1: Windows 10 Professional | OS 2: Linux Mint Cinnamon | OS 3: Windows 7 Ultimate x-64 | Antivirus: MS Security Essentials | Firewall: Windows Firewall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users