Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firef0x - be able to connect!!!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 arled

arled

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 PM

Posted 04 April 2010 - 03:09 PM

the weirdest thing - some sites are online

but suddenly i cannot access them - getting "Problem loading page" in the title and "unable to.." in the page

it's not a firefox thing, tried IE

other PC in my home can surf to the sites - all PCs in my home use the same I.P adresses..

this are the sites:

pixelup.net
gigapedia.com
mydownloader.net

help me or i'm gonna die*!!! :thumbsup:

*that is - my soul..

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• BC Advisor
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:45 PM

Posted 04 April 2010 - 03:32 PM

Could you please provide more information?

System specs...brand, model, processor, RAM, operating system, etc...

Is your computer free of malware? Do you keep an up-to-date, active anti-virus program?

Can you access other websites without issue, such as Google, YouTube, etc..? If so, it may be a problem with those specific websites you listed, and not your computer.

Note: This topic may be moved to one of the Networking sub-forums, depending on the exact nature of the problem we are facing (which hinges on your further explanation).
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

#3 arled

arled
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2010 - 03:40 PM

Hi, thank you

Ram - 2 Gigabytes
XP SP3
my pc has the anti-maleware program Malwarebytes
I had the annoying "Total PC Defender" few days ago - I removed it, and I think that is when i could no longer access these websites
I can access any other website..from this pc..
besides those three.. :thumbsup:
The pc is few monthes old..and I CONSTANTLY accessed these sites..

What kind of problem might it be with the websites? I mean - i can make a copy right now of them with webcitation.org,
which indicate that webcitation.org has no problem accessing these sites..

#4 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• BC Advisor
  • 4,815 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2010 - 04:24 PM

Ah..that is what I suspected. The malware (in some form or another) is likely still lurking on your computer.

Please note the differences between anti-virus and anti-malware. Malwarebytes is an excellent program to use, but it is not perfect (as no security program is).

Please create a Posted Image in the Am I infected? What do I do? sub-forum with a description of your problem, the steps taken so far, and a link back to this thread (they will want to know why you suspect malware, and what advice was previously given).

Please be patient as it could take a few days before you get your first reply. Do not "bump" your topic by replying to it, as that will only further delay a response (MRT members are looking for topics with 0 replies...if you reply to your own first, it will appear that you are already receiving help and thus delay receiving actual help).

If you come up clean in the first few scans, they'll send you back here (or to the Networking sub-forum). In the mean time, this topic will likely be closed by a moderator to avoid confusion.

Good luck. :thumbsup:

#5 arled

arled
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2010 - 04:56 PM

in the mean time - thank you very much, sir! :thumbsup:

#6 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• BC Advisor
  • 4,815 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2010 - 05:00 PM

You are very welcome. :thumbsup:

#7 arled

arled
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2010 - 05:05 PM

hey man,

for other users who might have the same thing:

(like this one-http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=307175)

the software called "Malwarebytes Anti-Maleware" was installed on my comp, and even when not appearing in the tray - it blocked the access to these sites, sites which don't seem malicious to me

I clicked the tray Icon and unmarked "Website Blocking"

and walla!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users