Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Antivirus malware problem

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Justbry

Justbry

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 PM

Posted 04 April 2010 - 11:55 AM

Please help,

I recently got the antivirus malware and followed the instructions on this website to get rid of it including downloading Malwarebytes anti virus. It seemed to get rid of it but now i am being redirected when i go to certain sites and i can't get to a lot of others including www.bleepingcomputers.com (I am typing this from my laptop which is not infected). I am not sure what to do now.

You guys have helped in the past and definitely know what you are doing.

Thanks

CJ

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,740 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2010 - 01:45 PM

Hello, please post that scan log if you can.

The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.

Now run these tools. You my need to copy them from another PC to a CD or Flash drive if you cannot acees the web.

FixExe.reg

FixExe.reg
....click Run when the box opens

RKill....

Please download Rkill by Grinler and save it to your desktop.Link 2
Link 3
Link 4
  • Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.
  • If using Vista, right-click on it and Run As Administrator.
  • A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.
  • If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.
  • If it does not work, repeat the process and attempt to use one of the remaining links until the tool runs.
  • If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.
If the computer is rebooted or a reboot occurs along the way you will need to run the application again as the malware programs will start again.

Please download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware Free
  • Double-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.
  • An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.
  • If it will not start, go to Start > All Prgrams > SUPERAntiSpyware and click on Alternate Start.
  • If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here. Double-click on the hyperlink for Download Installer and save SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to your desktop. Then double-click on SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to install the definitions.)
  • In the Main Menu, click the Preferences... button.
  • Click the "General and Startup" tab, and under Start-up Options, make sure "Start SUPERAntiSpyware when Windows starts" box is unchecked.
  • Click the "Scanning Control" tab, and under Scanner Options, make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
    • Close browsers before scanning.
    • Scan for tracking cookies.
    • Terminate memory threats before quarantining.
  • Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen and exit the program.
  • Do not run a scan just yet.
Reboot your computer in "Safe Mode" using the F8 method. To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode".

Scan with SUPERAntiSpyware as follows:
  • Launch the program and back on the main screen, under "Scan for Harmful Software" click Scan your computer.
  • On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.
  • On the right, under "Complete Scan", choose Perform Complete Scan and click "Next".
  • After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".
  • Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".
  • A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.
  • If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes" and reboot normally.
  • To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
    • Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
    • Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
    • If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.
    • Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.
  • Click Close to exit the program.
If you have a problem downloading, installing or getting SAS to run, try downloading and using the SUPERAntiSpyware Portable Scanner instead. Save the randomly named file (i.e. SAS_1710895.COM) to a usb drive or CD and transfer to the infected computer. Then double-click on it to launch and scan. The file is randomly named to help keep malware from blocking the scanner.

Post the logs please.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Justbry

Justbry
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2010 - 09:58 PM

Here's hoping I did this right, I had problems with the SuperAntiSpyware program. I am still unable to access many websites including this one

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.45
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 3952

Windows 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1
Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18904

4/4/2010 12:33:26 PM
mbam-log-2010-04-04 (12-33-26).txt

Scan type: Quick scan
Objects scanned: 123539
Time elapsed: 8 minute(s), 48 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log
http://www.superantispyware.com

Generated 04/04/2010 at 09:53 PM

Application Version : 4.33.1000

Core Rules Database Version : 4769
Trace Rules Database Version: 2581

Scan type : Complete Scan
Total Scan Time : 00:52:31

Memory items scanned : 372
Memory threats detected : 0
Registry items scanned : 8192
Registry threats detected : 6
File items scanned : 42191
File threats detected : 4

Trojan.Agent/Gen-Koobface
HKLM\System\ControlSet001\Services\ipokoraid
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CERTOKO.DLL
HKLM\System\ControlSet001\Enum\Root\LEGACY_ipokoraid
HKLM\System\ControlSet003\Services\ipokoraid
HKLM\System\ControlSet003\Enum\Root\LEGACY_ipokoraid
HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\ipokoraid
HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\LEGACY_ipokoraid

Adware.Tracking Cookie
C:\Users\Cliff\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\cliff@msnportal.112.2o7[1].txt
C:\Users\Cliff\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\cliff@doubleclick[1].txt
C:\Users\Cliff\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\cliff@atdmt[1].txt

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,740 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2010 - 10:45 PM

OK, let's do one more and seee if we are good. (I have to leave now)
Please perform a scan with Eset Online Antiivirus Scanner.
(Requires Internet Explorer to work. If given the option, choose "Quarantine" instead of delete.)
Vista users need to run Internet Explorer as Administrator. Right-click on the IE icon in the Start Menu or Quick Launch Bar on the Taskbar and select Run as Administrator from the context menu.
  • Click the green ESET Online Scanner button.
  • Read the End User License Agreement and check the box: YES, I accept the Terms of Use.
  • Click on the Start button next to it.
  • You may receive an alert on the address bar that "This site might require the following ActiveX control...Click here to install...". Click on that alert and then click Insall ActiveX component.
  • A new window will appear asking "Do you want to install this software?"".
  • Answer Yes to download and install the ActiveX controls that allows the scan to run.
  • Click Start.
  • Check Remove found threats and Scan potentially unwanted applications.
  • Click Scan to start. (please be patient as the scan could take some time to complete)
  • If offered the option to get information or buy software. Just close the window.
  • When the scan has finished, a log.txt file will be created and automatically saved in the C:\Program Files\EsetOnlineScanner\ folder.
  • Click Posted Image > Run..., then copy and paste this command into the open box: C:\Program Files\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt
  • The scan results will open in Notepad. Copy and paste the contents of log.txt in your next reply.
Note: Some online scanners will detect existing anti-virus software and refuse to cooperate. You may have to disable the real-time protection components of your existing anti-virus and try running the scan again. If you do this, remember to turn them back on after you are finished.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 Justbry

Justbry
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2010 - 06:22 PM

Okay, it seems to be working better now, i am finally able to gain access to this website. The last scan did turn up 3 things, hopefully it eradicated them.

CJ

ESETSmartInstaller@High as CAB hook log:
OnlineScanner.ocx - registred OK
esets_scanner_update returned -1 esets_gle=53251
# version=7
# iexplore.exe=8.00.6001.18702 (longhorn_ie8_rtm(wmbla).090308-0339)
# OnlineScanner.ocx=1.0.0.6211
# api_version=3.0.2
# EOSSerial=be6f4b526137fd44be17de6c522b0dbb
# end=finished
# remove_checked=true
# archives_checked=false
# unwanted_checked=true
# unsafe_checked=false
# antistealth_checked=true
# utc_time=2010-04-05 02:44:42
# local_time=2010-04-05 10:44:42 (-0500, Eastern Daylight Time)
# country="United States"
# lang=1033
# osver=6.0.6001 NT Service Pack 1
# compatibility_mode=5121 16776573 100 96 0 22473204 0 0
# compatibility_mode=5892 16776574 100 100 13618812 107072008 0 0
# compatibility_mode=8192 67108863 100 0 0 0 0 0
# scanned=479779
# found=3
# cleaned=3
# scan_time=14214
C:\Users\Cliff\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Low\{5617ECA9-488D-4BA2-8562-9710B9AB78D2}\Setup.exe multiple threats (deleted - quarantined) 00000000000000000000000000000000 C
C:\Users\Cliff\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\1.bin\M3NTSTBR.JAR Win32/Toolbar.MyWebSearch application (cleaned by deleting - quarantined) 00000000000000000000000000000000 C
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\ndisoko.sys probably a variant of Win32/Tinxy.BG trojan (cleaned by deleting - quarantined) 00000000000000000000000000000000 C

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,740 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2010 - 06:50 PM

Yess looks good. give it an hour on the web then if all's good:you should Create a New Restore Point to prevent possible reinfection from an old one. Some of the malware you picked up could have been backed up, renamed and saved in System Restore. Since this is a protected directory your tools cannot access to delete these files, they sometimes can reinfect your system if you accidentally use an old restore point. Setting a new restore point AFTER cleaning your system will help prevent this and enable your computer to "roll-back" to a clean working state.

The easiest and safest way to do this is:
  • Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools and click "System Restore".
  • Choose the radio button marked "Create a Restore Point" on the first screen then click "Next". Give the R.P. a name, then click "Create". The new point will be stamped with the current date and time. Keep a log of this so you can find it easily should you need to use System Restore.
  • Then use Disk Cleanup to remove all but the most recently created Restore Point.
  • Go to Start > Run and type: Cleanmgr
  • Click "Ok". Disk Cleanup will scan your files for several minutes, then open.
  • Click the "More Options" tab, then click the "Clean up" button under System Restore.
  • Click Ok. You will be prompted with "Are you sure you want to delete all but the most recent restore point?"
  • Click Yes, then click Ok.
  • Click Yes again when prompted with "Are you sure you want to perform these actions?"
  • Disk Cleanup will remove the files and close automatically.
Vista and Windows 7 users can refer to these links: Create a New Restore Point in Vista or Windows 7 and Disk Cleanup in Vista.

#7 Justbry

Justbry
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2010 - 05:13 AM

Thank you so much, the computer is working great now, you really know your stuff.

CJ

#8 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,740 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2010 - 10:55 AM

You're welcome and thanks from all of us here at BC. We are glad to have helped.
Please take a few minutes to read our quietman7's excellent Tips to protect yourself against malware and reduce the potential for re-infection:,in post 17. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users