Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Apps hang if any printer driver installed under XP 64 Pro

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 johnnyone147

johnnyone147

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 PM

Posted 04 April 2010 - 07:24 AM

Due to the fakealert Bitdefender virus (that wasn't) I've rebulit my PC from scratch. All updates for OS and apps are installed - there are no visible conflicts in the system. However, my apps now freeze on start up, CS2 Photoshop, Office apps like Excel and Word (Outlook is fine though??) Through trial and error I find that if the printer (doesn't matter which I install) is deleted they work fine. I've installed several other printers and get the same, so it's not the printer software. Any ideas?

Also can't deleted certain folders from the d:drive partition I created for backup purposes. These folders which is think is holding update information from both XP64 and Office 2007. I'm the only user on the system and have full admin rights.

Optional Information:
Computer OS: Windows XP 64 Pro
Browser: IE and Firefox

Already Tried: Rebuilds several times from a fully formatted drive, installed all updates, contacted CS2 support and Epson, both say it is not their product at fault. Online support forums - no answers.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,487 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 PM

Posted 04 April 2010 - 08:23 AM

were you using the d drive before and during the virus infection, if so you could be getting re infected.
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users