Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Extremely Slow Computer and non-stop Security Breach pop-up messages from XP Security Tool..

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Liquid_Snake

Liquid_Snake

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 AM

Posted 04 April 2010 - 06:24 AM

Hello,

As this Forum and the experts have been helpful in the past, I've decided to seek some help once again.

Firstly, my computer is very slow. I don't even have that much files or programs running but each time I use my computer it seems to get slower and slower. I don't know if this is attributed to the recent problems I have been experiencing but it could be interrelated.

Secondly, I am experiencing extremely frequent pop-ups from something called XP Security Tool. I don't even remember downloading this software?! The messages pop-up every few seconds, possibly with the view to enticing me to purchase some software. The messages take up things like ''Security Breach'', ''Threats Detected'', ''System Integrity Threats'', ''Virus Alerts'', ''Malware Intrusion!'', ''Tracking software found!'', ''Severe System Damage'' among others. It also seems to complicate matters for Windows Defender and a lot of my other programs which are no longer opening.

Please help..

Kind Regards,
Snake

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Liquid_Snake

Liquid_Snake
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 AM

Posted 07 April 2010 - 01:16 PM

Hello,

I realize that I must wait and this is not an attempt to bump my problem so it is seen to but I am really desperate for some help as 80% of the applications that I wish to view (even the basic ones such as sound and date/time) brings up an ''Application not found'' error message. The message also states the following: C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe

I would really appreciate some help..

Thanks again..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users