Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

OE Address book location

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 swilson

swilson

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 AM

Posted 18 September 2005 - 08:43 PM

I have Win XP with multiple users. I recently had to reinstall our email stuff onto a new computer. I have been able to find mailboxes and one of the address book files (.wab). HOwever, my question is, with multiple users in XP, does OE create/save seperate address book files for each user. In the address book that I found, it only has information from one of the address books, not information from both of them.

Any help on how to restore the second address book would be greatly appreciated.

Shona

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 AM

Posted 18 September 2005 - 09:10 PM

I hope this helps....http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...kb;en-us;270670
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 swilson

swilson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2005 - 10:26 PM

Thanks for the information, but I didn't save a copy of the data previously. I was able to find a address book file, but it only had address data for one of the two users on the computer. So, I am still looking to find the location or possible file extension for an address book for the second user.

Thanks,
Shona

#4 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2005 - 10:07 AM

You will likely find the address book for the second user by logging in under that users account.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users