Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Newer than a newbie!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 knitwendy

knitwendy

• Members
  • 107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 PM

Posted 04 April 2010 - 01:01 AM

Hi,

Introducing myself. Have so little knowledge of technology but many problems! I'm a DIY'er in most of my life and very interested in trying to solve some of my problems myself. I'm obsessive about researching problems, finding solutions and applying them stringently! <g> I've read some of the "newbie" topics, but everything tends to lead somewhere else, so I often get OT of my original attempt to learn the netiquette needed here.

Currently, I'm having two problems and am not sure exactly where to post.

All help is appreciated!

knitwendy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 AM

Posted 04 April 2010 - 02:10 AM

Hello knitwendy and :thumbsup: to Bleeping Computer.

Please take a few moments to browse the New User Orientation forum, to help familiarize yourself with how the forum works.

Also, don't forget to check out the Tutorials.
There is a lot of very useful information there.

If you would like to describe briefly what troubles you are having I would be happy to let you know where you should post :flowers:

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#3 knitwendy

knitwendy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 PM

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:16 AM

Eek, I'm sorry I never responded to you! I don't know what I was having trouble with two years ago :crazy: , but clearly, I've moved on. Thanks for your welcome! :thumbup2:

I'm still pretty forum-netiquette-ignorant, but hopefully, that will improve! There's SO MUCH interesting stuff here that it's hard not to lose focus on my original purpose for visiting!

So assuming you're still out there or that this will be seen, thanks again (two years too late)!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users