Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

mb spat dumbie

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ed-e-dee

ed-e-dee

• Members
  • 276 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 PM

Posted 03 April 2010 - 11:53 PM

Hi Guys.

My mb has died I don't know what to replace it with, I can't get the same board,if I could get the same then I wont have
to replace anything ( i think thats right ).

Gigabyte,pent4D GA-8S661FXM-775.rev2.
LGA 775. intel pentD.
SIS 661 FX duel core.
ddr 400 dimm pc 3200.

Thats what I've got now, what should I get as a replacement, I don't know much about these things so I'm hoping you can help,
I know I can go to a tech.but my pension wont stretch to pay absorbent charges,so I'm having a go myself.

thanks for your help.

Hope all will have a happy Easter.
Eddee

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 PM

Posted 04 April 2010 - 12:08 AM

hmmmm finding new boards that will work may be difficult, in fact will be as its a DDR standard. that CPU has a FSB of 800 mhz, which means if you want to upgrade to DDR2 memory, you should be able to purchase a new board from newegg, like this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...star-_-13138142. Otherwise, most likely your going to have to find it off of some place like pricewatch or ebay. something like this may work http://3btech.net/as77reped10f.html

Edited by the_patriot09, 04 April 2010 - 12:13 AM.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#3 ed-e-dee

ed-e-dee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 276 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2010 - 08:59 AM

G/day.the patriot09
thanks for a quick reply.I looked at the sites you gave but i can push an 18 wheeler better the I can replace a mb.
can i get an exact mb as the one I've got.i don't have the tech. skills for a computer but i can push my B-double to the limits.
I have looked at gigabyte site and can't find my board, although i had brought it 3 years ago.is it so far out of date
Eddee

#4 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 PM

Posted 04 April 2010 - 03:33 PM

right there http://www.pcplanetsystems.com/abc/product...amp;item_id=725 though it would be cheaper to go with one of the boards I recomended-particularly the ASrock one I recomended will work just fine.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#5 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:20 AM

Posted 04 April 2010 - 03:34 PM

You probably have two choices, one is to buy a new computer and the second is to scour eBay or other sites for a motherboard that takes both LGA 775 CPU's and DDR-400 RAM. Your motherboard is old, as is the CPU and RAM, so finding one that will work with your components will be difficult since there are very few motherboards that take DDR and not any of the newer memory standards. You could try going to a local computer shop near you to see if they have one or can order a replacement for you. If they cannot, you're stuck with buying a new PC or getting a new motherboard (Along with a new CPU and RAM). Note that most U.S.-based sites, such as Newegg and TigerDirect, only ship within the United States, not to Australia.

Edited by DJBPace07, 04 April 2010 - 03:35 PM.

3939.png

#6 ed-e-dee

ed-e-dee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 276 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2010 - 04:53 PM

Thanks Guys.
Your advice has been of most value, it looks as if I will go for a new computer, I have looked on Ebay for a while have not seen the same mb.
you say my mb is too old , then there is no point in repairing it.

thanks again to you both.
Eddee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users