Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Redirected to a different website

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Chipicao

Chipicao

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:36 AM

Posted 03 April 2010 - 06:55 PM

Sometimes when I click a link, open a bookmark or even type the address manually, the browser redirects me to a different website.
I have a wired connection through a Linksys WRT160N router. My OS is Windows 7 Pro x64 and I use Google Chrome.
I did a clean install a couple of weeks ago but I still get redirected only not as often.

MBAM scan (full) showed I have one infected file:
C:\Windows\System32\snapapi32.dll (Trojan.Agent) -> No action taken.

Before deleting it I uploaded it to virustotal and it came out clean with one exception.
Is this really the problem? I'm afraid to delete it because MBAM has given false positives before and there's not much information on this file on the web.

What else should I use to scan my computer?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users