Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Acer Aspire 3690 problems

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sarah_9013

sarah_9013

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 PM

Posted 03 April 2010 - 03:58 PM

Hi Can any one help (new to this so pls Help) I have a Acer Aspire 3690 laptop with window Xp. I just the laptop two days ago and was fine I turned it on to day to use and it starts in BIos as if it shut down unexpected it has the count down timer and all the option ie SAFE mode but I have tried all of them and nothing works. When the timer runs out it starts and the resets back into BIos again.

PLs PLs Help me

EDIT: Merged two threads, same topic ~ Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 03 April 2010 - 06:59 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 13,667 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:22 AM

Posted 03 April 2010 - 06:29 PM

Hello Sarah. It's the safe start menu that you're seeing, not the BIOS. Since your system is only two days old, I suggest the best thing to try is a restore to factory condition.

Consult the documentation for your laptop, but the key combination to restore factory state is probably Alt + F10. Double-check and make sure the safe start screen does not offer factory restore anywhere on the screen. Alternatively, did you make recovery disks initially whan prompted?

If you restore the system, and you have the same problem again, I'd suspect the hard drive has a fault, and it would be best to return the laptop for warranty attention.

Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 sarah_9013

sarah_9013
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 PM

Posted 03 April 2010 - 06:40 PM

Since your system is only two days old?????? Where you get this from????

#4 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,457 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 PM

Posted 03 April 2010 - 07:51 PM

I just the laptop two days ago

That's where he got it from i suspect a typo...

sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat too! |

#5 Platypus

Platypus

• 13,667 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:22 AM

Posted 04 April 2010 - 04:44 AM

True, my mind read it as "I just got the laptop two days ago". So I guess it's "I just something else the laptop..."

If you have everything backed up, a factory restore is still an option. But I suppose like most folk, that's not so?

Top 5 things that never get done:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users