Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Random restarts

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mberry

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Local time:01:54 PM

Posted 18 September 2005 - 04:45 PM

Periodically, my computer restarts when i am playing certain games such as civ3 sims2 morrowind, and others its seems very random. I've removed spyware cleaned the drives and inside but cant seem to pinpoint the exact problem

ok cpu temperature is 106f motherboard 86f hard drive 102f

fans cpu 4193rpm
chassis 2411 rpm

is my pc restarting because its overheating, what temperature range should it be running at as far as cpu, motherboard etc

ok how do you charge memory to see if thats the problem?

Edited by mberry, 19 September 2005 - 09:17 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankie12

• Members
  • 941 posts
  • Local time:02:54 PM

Posted 18 September 2005 - 07:28 PM

have you tried to re-install the games. Also can your computer support the min. requirments for the games?

#3 Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 07:50 PM

What op system are you using and have you installed all the critical updates for it?

Download Everest Home Edition and see what temps the processor and motherboard are running at when it reboots. Are your fans operating properly?(Everest and Aida will tell you that too)

Everest Home Edition (the successor of AIDA32) is a system information and benchmarking tool with full hardware & software information available as freeware for the individual user. It comes with a built-in hardware database and physical information for CPU, motherboard, hard disks, optical drives, chipset and much more.

Download here:

The newer freeware version on Everest’s site does not seem to have a “software” category which can be extremely useful, although you don't need it now for this.

If the link at snapfiles doesn't give you the Everest version with the software category which will tell you everything about the software installed on the computer (including the key numbers should you ever need them for re-installation and links to update drivers), then download Aida at the following link:

AIDA 32, The predecessor to Everest can be downloaded here:

Edited by Enthusiast, 18 September 2005 - 07:51 PM.

#4 sistema3

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 04:29 AM

It's probably that the problem could be in the memory. When de Operating System accesses some corrupted memory space (possibly in the moment you are making an extensive use of memory, like playing) its possible it fails and reboots.

I think the memory error is the most possible cause... try charging the PC with Office, explorer, photoshop.... at same time, to occupy the 100% and be sure that it is or not this problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users