Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Sound

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dotQ

dotQ

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:15 AM

Posted 03 April 2010 - 01:21 PM

I recently reformatted my laptop which is a Compaq Presario CQ50-215NR and installed my drivers.
But, after I installed my Sound Driver, (Conexant HD Audio 221) I still do not hear any music/sounds other than the normal system beep.

I reformatted to Windows XP SP3, the laptop was originally Windows Vista - 64bit

I checked the Device Manager and it didnt show any thing wrong with the driver, no yellow question marks.
Then I went into Control Panel > Sounds, Speech, and Audio Devices> Sounds and Audio Devices.
In the Volume Tab, it says no Audio Device.
Then when I go into the Hardware Tab, it says that the Conexant HD Audio 221 is working properly.
Then When i go into the Audio Tab, I can't choose a Sound Playback device because the option is greyed out.

any ideas/help :thumbsup:?

I've also already tried reinstalling the drivers as well.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JUICYboy

JUICYboy

• Members
  • 537 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2010 - 05:18 PM

Hi,

You said you went to the Device Manager and it recognized the Audio device,
but in the (Sounds and Audio devices Properties) in the control panel the computer says no audio device.

Maybe you have the sound driver installed but it is disabled in device manager, since it finds it in device manager but it does not see it in control panel Try this:

Go to Start> Control Panel> System> Hardware> Device Manager> look for your sound device> Right click> Properties>General Tab> In the bottom of the General tab it will say "DEVICE usage:" for Xp, make sure it is on "Use this device(Enable)". Restart.

Just a suggestion.

If not try to update drivers or disable or enable.

Hope it helps :thumbsup:

#3 dotQ

dotQ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2010 - 07:26 PM

No use :thumbsup: any other ideas?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users