Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Partion Problem

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 balkrish999

balkrish999

• Members
  • 149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 AM

Posted 03 April 2010 - 01:03 PM

Hello i had a dual boot with windows 7 and ubuntu. i then asked help on how to remove ubuntu as i had to sell my laptop and was going to install ubuntu on my new laptop

i managed to remove the grub and ubuntu.

But i had ubuntu on a 50gb partion and now in the images below what do i do to recover the space

http://i39.tinypic.com/2csgqx0.jpg

https://ssl-proxy-updated.herokuapp.com/e91618e4e7604bd2aa3ae9ff8049ba3f73a7d671/687474703a2f2f6934342e74696e797069632e636f6d2f6630386478682e6a7067/

same images as link abaove please look at the links above . Thank you forgot to add the froum link sorry

Posted Image
so what shall i do now, shall i continue or not thanks :huh:

can i extended my 212gb partion or shall i make a 50gb new partion for data

Edited by balkrish999, 03 April 2010 - 01:05 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:53 AM

Posted 03 April 2010 - 01:57 PM

Right-click the Free space and click Delete *** (where *** is either Partition or Volume). If the space is not black, unallocated space, right-click again and choose Delete *** (where *** is the alternative to the first you chose). Once you get the black, unallocated space, you can right-click your C: drive and Extend it back into the empty space. :huh:
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

#3 balkrish999

balkrish999
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 149 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2010 - 04:04 AM

Helllo when i go on that partion and right click to delete it says ' there is not enoguh space avalaible on the disk to complete this operation'

so what shall i do now ? when i try to make it a new simple volume it get that thing on the image above in my fisrt post so what shall i do now?

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 PM

Posted 04 April 2010 - 08:56 AM

Since you are selling the lap top why not format the disk and reinstall Windows 7?

#5 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2010 - 09:30 AM

Eh...sometimes Disk Management can be finicky like this...try using EASEUS Partition Master instead.

#6 balkrish999

balkrish999
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 149 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2010 - 09:33 AM

Since you are selling the lap top why not format the disk and reinstall Windows 7?

beacuse aint got the disks and not got a long time

is therer not any other was ugin disk magaement

#7 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2010 - 01:37 PM

Then you cannot sell it as that would violate your agreement to the EULA. In order for you to sell it you must include all media that came with it or wipe the drive.

#8 balkrish999

balkrish999
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 149 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2010 - 03:21 AM

Then you cannot sell it as that would violate your agreement to the EULA. In order for you to sell it you must include all media that came with it or wipe the drive.

im gons wipe the drive later but after i solved this problem so how do i solve it

#9 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2010 - 06:12 AM

Eh...sometimes Disk Management can be finicky like this...try using EASEUS Partition Master instead.

Edited by keyboardNinja, 05 April 2010 - 06:12 AM.

#10 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2010 - 11:45 AM

Wiping the drive will wipe all partitions on the drive off the drive so you dont need to use any partitioner.

#11 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2010 - 12:54 PM

Wiping the drive will wipe all partitions on the drive off the drive so you dont need to use any partitioner.

All balkrish999 has to do is delete that partition, and extend the C: drive back into the unallocated space. It takes all of two minutes.

He doesn't have a disk to reinstall, nor the time to do so (as he stated earlier).

#12 balkrish999

balkrish999
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 149 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2010 - 12:56 PM

All balkrish999 has to do is delete that partition, and extend the C: drive back into the unallocated space. It takes all of two minutes.

He doesn't have a disk to reinstall, nor the time to do so (as he stated earlier).

keyboard thats right i was hoping i could just do this but when i do this with windows disk mangament i get that thing on the image above i will now try the parttion software u suggested

but bad luck that software does not work on 64bit version windows 7 what shall i do ? now what is that messgae that i keep getting in the image above what happens if i click continue? thanks

Edited by balkrish999, 05 April 2010 - 12:58 PM.

#13 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2010 - 12:59 PM

Okay, let me know if it works. :huh:

P.S. Don't forget to hit the Apply button in the left pane of Easeus after you perform an action. If you do not click Apply, the action will not be performed (it will only appear that way in Easeus). After you Apply, Easeus does the action, then updates the system information.

*EDIT*: Aww...darn. I forgot you had 64-bit Windows 7. You have to have the full version of Easeus to use it on 64-bit.

It is available as a demo, but I don't know if they disable any of the functions or not, or if it just has a time limit (we'll hope for the latter). Try that one, and let me know if it works or not.

Edited by keyboardNinja, 05 April 2010 - 01:04 PM.

#14 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2010 - 01:32 PM

He could download the disk manufactures tools and wipe it that way, and put linux on it and give it to his friend. That is what I would recommend doing.

#15 balkrish999

balkrish999
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 149 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2010 - 09:19 AM

hi sorry had work to do did not have time i installed the pro version it works on the 64bit version but you know the partion 50gb 1 the one i want to extended when i highlight it there are no options avalible what shall i do? thanks

Edited by balkrish999, 08 April 2010 - 09:20 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users