Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

T3095 Drivers

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 HildeIII

HildeIII

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 AM

Posted 03 April 2010 - 11:43 AM

Why need motherboard software:
After putting CD's from college books started having problems. Found with superantispyware that I had 3 trojan viruses. Thus I did a restore with CD from manufacturer. Since then unable to get on line with windows xp. Contacted Comcast, internet provider, and rep, whom had a similar problem, found that I am missing the LAN software. Searched for it and couldn't find a LAN download for EMachine T3095. Contacted EMachine, manufaturer, and was told that the LAN software is integrated into the motherboard. Thus need to download motherboard software. The website Emachine rep gave me did not work and he said he could not do anything else for me.

Looked here:
See http://www.emachines.com/support/drivers.html AND http://downloads.emachines.com/drivers/bio...eadme_em_us.txt. Also google for a few hours.

Downloaded:
motherboard_driver_lan_realtek_81xx.exe and Firefox. Still nothing in networks. Still can't on line with windows xp os.

Where can I find a motherboard software to download for EMachine T3095 with xp home os?

Just fortunate that I also have Linux os on my computer, thus can get on line with my computer. But need windows for netflix.

EDIT: Merged redundant post ~ Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 03 April 2010 - 01:43 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,725 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 AM

Posted 03 April 2010 - 11:46 AM

Do you have any errors in Device Manager?
Is Network Adapter listed there?

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 HildeIII

HildeIII
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2010 - 11:49 AM

Do you have any errors in Device Manager?
Is Network Adapter listed there?

Device looks normal. Trouble shooted with Device manager and hardware not found.

Also when I run comcast CD get supplies shows no ethernet.

Edited by HildeIII, 03 April 2010 - 11:50 AM.

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,725 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2010 - 11:53 AM

Device looks normal. Trouble shooted with Device manager and hardware not found.

This is not clear. Is Network Adapter listed at all in Device Manager?

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#5 HildeIII

HildeIII
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2010 - 12:00 PM

This is not clear. Is Network Adapter listed at all in Device Manager?

No I don't see a Network adaptor. Have never seen one. I don't know what you are talking about either. Under help in window searched for it and only got the definition. Just trying to get software the manufacture said that I need.

Edited by HildeIII, 03 April 2010 - 12:06 PM.

#6 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,725 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2010 - 12:08 PM

Are you sure, you're checking Device Manager?
Go Start>Run, type in:
devmgmt.msc
Click OK.

Is this the window, you're checking?

My Website

p4433470.gif

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,131 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 AM

Posted 03 April 2010 - 12:32 PM

Broni, please see posts made HildeIII at http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/306357/pls-help-error-on-c-document-local-settingstemp/ AND http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/306677/found-new-hardware-wizard-doesnt-do-anything/.

This person has muddled up the two threads I linked to.

Louis

#8 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,725 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2010 - 12:34 PM

I see...thanks Louis :thumbsup:

My Website

p4433470.gif

#9 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,131 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 AM

Posted 03 April 2010 - 12:37 PM

Thank you :thumbsup:.

Louis

#10 HildeIII

HildeIII
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2010 - 12:44 PM

Sorry!! Just trying to not be redundant and ask the same questions on new thread. Started new thread- motherboard download.

#11 HildeIII

HildeIII
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2010 - 01:09 PM

I have a Emachine T3095 desktop computer. I use windows xp and Linux Ubuntu os. Windows I use just for viewing netflix and college class CD's.

I had a prompt that kept coming back after clicking stop on the prompt
It was:
Services.exe-no disk
No disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive\Device\Hardisk1\DR3.
Also in Ubuntu the printer would not work.
Scanned with superantispyware and found that I had 3 trojan viruses on windows.
Thus did a restore starting with windows restore DVD from manufacturer. Then in windows uploaded Ubuntu. Now the printer is working. But can't get on line with windows os.

Running comcast internet CD supplies shows that don't have ethernet.

Contacted Comcast, internet provider, and rep, whom had a similar problem, found that I am missing the LAN software. There is nothing in networks. Searched for it and couldn't find a LAN download for EMachine T3095. Contacted EMachine, manufaturer, and was told that the LAN software is integrated into the motherboard. Thus need to download motherboard software. The website Emachine rep gave me did not work and he said he could not do anything else for me.

Looked here:
See http://www.emachines.com/support/drivers.html AND http://downloads.emachines.com/drivers/bio...eadme_em_us.txt. Also google for a few hours.

Downloaded:
motherboard_driver_lan_realtek_81xx.exe and Firefox. Still nothing in networks. Still can't on line with windows xp os.

Broni
You were right! I needed the Network Adapter. It was configured in the motherboard though, thus confused. Found the motherboard software at Emachine under BIOS. Downloaded it to flashdrive, unpacked in Windows. Then In the Run dialog box, typed: C:\Cabs\D00221-001-002\Setup.exe. Click OK.

Now under networks I see LAN driver and it is working.
Thanks all!!

Edited by HildeIII, 03 April 2010 - 07:12 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users