Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Searchclick6 Malware

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Gadgetcrawford

Gadgetcrawford

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:14 PM

Posted 03 April 2010 - 11:40 AM

Hello. Yesterday, while doing my studies on my laptop, I was trying to search. Using Google, I enetrered my search phrase and it came up with a list. I clicked on one of the topics, and then I noticed it said searchclick6, and it came back with something not even remotely close to what I was searching for.

I tried a few times, and sometimes it was for malware software.

Does anyone have any idea how to remove this.

I tried doing a restore, but after going through the restore process, it said it couldnt restore my files.

Thank you for any help you may be able to render

Edited by Pandy, 03 April 2010 - 01:25 PM.
Moved from Windows 7 to a more appropriate forum ~Pandy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mbcmdr

mbcmdr

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 PM

Posted 03 April 2010 - 04:36 PM

So you got it to, how how the hell do we remove it I've tried a lot already. This is where I support capital punishment for the dang company or person that do these BS Malware.

ADVAST,
SPYBOT-freeware
MBAM -freeware
KASPERSKY freewae Removal tool

Conmbofix not work on Win7 64bit

Most times I can clean up any computer but not this time..

I feel totally crazy the redirect was in the HOST file c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc HOST file had like 2000 lines down the list of redirects so not see when opened unless scroll down full file..

I had like 20 lines of redirect all to searchclick6.com..

MBCMDR

Edited by mbcmdr, 03 April 2010 - 06:48 PM.

#3 Gadgetcrawford

Gadgetcrawford
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:14 PM

Posted 03 April 2010 - 07:54 PM

Did deleting the redirect take care of the problem permanently, or did it reappear?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users