Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

virus security pop up

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 insomniac-uk

insomniac-uk

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 AM

Posted 03 April 2010 - 11:23 AM

I have a virus I don't know what to do, a few days ago the small windows shield on my desktop started saying the firewall was turned off and to click on the balloon to turn it back on. I did not click but went into my Avira anti virus to check it was still turned on, so i ran a full virus scan it said i had the TR/trash.gen virus , i then ran a full scan with Malwarebytes and spybot they found few things and deleted them.

After i restarted my computer i ran a virus scan just to check and TR/trash.gen virus came up again and i still got the security virus warning. My friend told me to start my computer in safe mode run smitfraud reboot then in safe mode do a full scan with superanti spyware. Now when i start i have a blue screen and the security balloon still comes up, but if i run virus scan and malwarebytes in safe mode they tell m my computer is infection free.

Sorry about the essay but i'm not good with computers i have done all i could think of usually malwarebytes and avira get rid of all my viruses. Could some please help me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 insomniac-uk

insomniac-uk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 AM

Posted 07 April 2010 - 08:33 AM

update - blue screen is gone but i still have firewall warning pop up. I tried to scan with Dr web with the short scan it found something but could not cure it , so i tried the complete scan but at a certain point its stops and my pc restarts telling me an error has occured . I have tried running the scan in safe mode too, could anyone give me any suggestions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users