Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista AntiMalware virus

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 edinburgh_dave

edinburgh_dave

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 PM

Posted 03 April 2010 - 11:18 AM

Hi

My Avast anitvirus came up with a warning the other day and I now have Vista AntiMalware. It keeps coming up saying my computer is infected and to buy their product to remove it. Obviously its scareware stuff.

Performed scans with Malwarebytes and Avast and it didn't get rid of it. I found info online for how to remove it but need to get into regedit to do this and this has been disabled by the virus. I couldn't sort this out and now whenever I turn on my computer it loads up and as soon as I click on something it says its not responding and whole computer freezes up so I have to power it off.

I did have utorrent and limewire which I have got rid of but am still plagued by this pain!

Anyone able to provide any assistance?

Thanks in advance

Edited by Pandy, 03 April 2010 - 01:23 PM.
Moved from Windows Vista to a more appropriate forum ~Pandy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Cartoon Morgan

Cartoon Morgan

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 PM

Posted 05 April 2010 - 06:25 AM

I have the exact same problem, I tried downloading tials for top of the range anti-virus software programs and it just dosen't allow them to install!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users