Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to Hibernate??

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 thegrchet

thegrchet

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 PM

Posted 03 April 2010 - 04:35 AM

There are one or more legacy drivers installed: VgaSave An internal system component has disabled hibernation?
Whenever i try to hibernate my netbook i.e.[Dell Latitude 2100] d screen gets black n my system shutdown's. I tried solving d issue by re-installing d video driver n also by using command prompt
like powercfg -h on \\But even den i wasn't able to fix d issue.
I evn tried starting using safe mode to sort out d issue but den i got an error in command prompt lik
""
The following items are preventing hibernation on this system.
there are one or more legacy drivers installed:
VgaSave
An internal system component has disabled hibernation.""

plzz try n help guyzz i'm really in need of fixing tis issue :huh:

**There is a request plzz dont answer if u have no knowledge or info on tis issue...
Thanxx for ur time

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• BC Advisor
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:02 AM

Posted 03 April 2010 - 05:45 AM

VGASave is generic VGA driver used by Windows Vista and Windows 7. This is used if no compatible drivers are installed. Hibernation is not allowed when using this driver. You should install the VGA drivers that came with your netbook or download the suitable drivers from Dell's web site.

Here is Dell' driver page for Del Latitude 2100 for Windows 7 : http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/...anConsent=False

#3 sternhead

sternhead

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:02 AM

Posted 13 January 2012 - 06:37 PM

For the record, the manufacturer's (NVidia etc) version of VgaSave is certainly installed, it's just not permitted to run in safe mode, from where the user was no doubt trying to reenable hibernation. Hiberfil.sys must be created with a place to store the video RAM state in the form understood by the non-legacy VgaSave driver running in normal mode so that hibernation works. In all running states, normal or safe, some VgaSave driver must be running, and the legacy version is basically a placeholder whose only function is to reply when called upon, "I don't really save the video ram state". MS was not going to support a hiberfil.sys that covers legacy safe mode as that would be an unnecessary complication. So hibernation can only be reenabled while running in normal mode with the manufacturer's VgaSave driver loaded. As usual, the error messages given by MS are short on the 'whys'.

Edited by sternhead, 13 January 2012 - 07:00 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users