Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

In the market for a good monitor

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 aznpos531

aznpos531

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 PM

Posted 03 April 2010 - 12:16 AM

So my girlfriend's monitor conked out recently and I'm still looking for a nice monitor to use as a left flank screen. Do any of you have any suggestions on any makes and models of monitors?

My girlfriend's specs:
- VGA input
- 19"
- widescreen (16:9 preferred)
- LCD (not much room on her desk)
- looking to spend under $150

My specs:
- DVI-D input (24 + 1 pins)
- 22" or more
- widescreen (16:9 preferred)
- LCD/CRT
- preferably simple, clean design (no built in speakers or flashy stuff)
- looking to spend under $200

If it makes any difference to know, my girlfriend is going to use this monitor as her primary monitor with her desktop whereas mine will be used as a left flank monitor with my laptop.

After some research, I've pretty much settled on three brands: Viewsonic, Samsung and BenQ as those seem to be the ones that get the best reviews consistently. Unless you folks have any other suggestions. I've looked into LG monitors but it seems that a lot of reviews that I've come across state that they have a high incidence of dead pixels. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks guys

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 aznpos531

aznpos531
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 PM

Posted 04 April 2010 - 01:35 AM

No one has any suggestions?

0 user(s) are reading this topic