Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Locked Out by this virus..

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Aeromatic

Aeromatic

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 AM

Posted 02 April 2010 - 09:12 PM

Okay, heres the problem. I ran into a popup, which led into a virus advertising some antivirus. This eventually ended up auto-installing itself somehow on my Windows OS and now its preventing me from even opening any program.

Its "Antispyware XP" rogue anti-virus, and whenever I try to open MalwareBytes, it keeps on preventing me with popups and asking me to buy the program. It is also freezing my computer when I try to click anything. What I try to open is my web browser but then it redirects my browser to the antivirus product page and prompts me to buy.

Then, I tried going on Safe Mode but then the screen displays a a huge flooding of all these Windows System files, their file extension being ".sys" I think.. It keeps telling me that it is looking for a certain file, or press Esc. So I can't go on any kind of Safe Mode, I tried "with Command Prompt" safe mode as well and the same problem there too.

Also, it has added some nude website icons on my desktop and won't let me open anything at all. I was able to deal with less extreme versions of antivirus rogues with Spybot and MalwareBytes, but this one won't even let me open them without freezing or blocking them as being "unsafe"

note: A couple of times I got a BSOD saying "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA" when Windows went past the boot xp screen.

I would really appreciate your help,
Aeromatic.

Edited by Aeromatic, 02 April 2010 - 09:14 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aeromatic

Aeromatic
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 AM

Posted 03 April 2010 - 11:52 AM

Bump, sorry but its been 24 hours and I really need my laptop back to its normal state. Would anyone care to help me?

I'll list restrictions:
I can't:
Open Safe mode
Open MalwareBytes without popups flashing over the screen and freezing
Open Task Manager

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users