Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cant change my homepage and stop pop up plz help

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 popmonkey

popmonkey

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 PM

Posted 18 September 2005 - 01:11 PM

Hi hope someone can help my homepage has been set to a web address ive never heard of called win-eto.com it doesnt matter how many times i change it back yo yahoo everytime i clicl on explorer it resets back to this homepage and at the dsme time as this resetting i get a pop up from some adult company called global acces s.l asking me to connect and dial up at 1.50 a min and i cant get rid of that
my comp knowledge is basic ive run search and destroy and ad aware and removed lots of spy ware but nothing has helped plz help would appreciate any advice

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 PM

Posted 18 September 2005 - 02:25 PM

Hello popmonkey and welcome to BC.

Try running a-squared . It is a trojan specific anti-virus program that is particularly good at removing dialers.

Beyond that, your best bet is to post a HiJack This Log for our team to review. They are very busy right now so it may take them a few days to reply but once they do things will move along quickly. See How to submit a Hijackthis Log for instructions. Good luck.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users