Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My lovely Photo Page!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Reena

Reena

• Members
  • 391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 PM

Posted 02 April 2010 - 05:20 PM

Many years ago I bought some software from Trivista. In 2002 when I changed my PC I lost the programme but the lovely John Mareda came to my rescue and sent me a suite of programmes which have been invaluable.

Today I tried to post and then print off four images. To my dismay when I accessed the photos on A Photo Page I found that they were now "photo files" and I could not change them to jpeg images which they were, and still are, on my desktop.

I thought I could easily uninstall the programme and download it again. I did so but the problem is still there.

I do like this programme as I can print so many images on one sheet, easily.

The Trivista web page has changed completely and I fear that "my" Trivista no longer exists.

Is someone able to help me solve my problem, please?

My thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Delta16

Delta16

• Members
  • 417 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:47 PM

Posted 04 April 2010 - 04:17 PM

If the pictures are still jpeg on the desktop, then whats the problem.

Please can you explain more in details as I dont understand what your problem is.

Regards
Delta

#3 Reena

Reena
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 391 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2010 - 06:36 AM

Hi, Delta. Thank you for your reply.

My images on the desktop are in jpg format.

When I access them from "A Photo Page" I get the format "photo files" in the dialogue box and the jpg images do not appear at all , therefore I cannot access them and post them on the PP screen to be edited and printed.

What are "photo files" anyway?

#4 Delta16

Delta16

• Members
  • 417 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2010 - 12:49 PM

Sorry to ask again, but to be sure, What is " A Photo page" ? > is it a website ?

Regards
Delta

#5 Reena

Reena
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 391 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2010 - 01:15 PM

"A Photo Page" is, or was, a programme I bought from Trivista. It enables one to print off multiple images on one page. I found it excellent.

#6 Delta16

Delta16

• Members
  • 417 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2010 - 01:50 PM

Can you contact Trivista for support, as I dont know how the software works.

Its a problem in their software or you are using different methods that the software doesnt use.

Regards
Delta

#7 Reena

Reena
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 391 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2010 - 02:03 PM

Thank you.

#8 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,758 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:47 AM

Posted 05 April 2010 - 02:26 PM

Sounds like when you uninstalled A Photo Page you broke your 'file associations'. Try this, open one of your images that show up as a 'photo file' then right click and select 'open with' and choose your application.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#9 Reena

Reena
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 391 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2010 - 06:04 AM

When I access them from "A Photo Page" I get the format "photo files" in the dialogue box and the jpg files do not appear at all , therefore I cannot access them and post them on the PP screen to be edited and printed.

#10 Reena

Reena
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 391 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2010 - 09:05 AM

I decided to uninstall and re-install the programme yet again and this time all is well!

Thank you All for your helpful hints.

#11 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,758 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:47 AM

Posted 12 April 2010 - 05:02 PM

Thank you for letting us know how you have resolved your issue. :thumbsup:

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users