Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't print out in Opera

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 trouble at mill

trouble at mill

• Members
  • 136 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:44 PM

Posted 02 April 2010 - 04:19 PM

Hi all,

My problem is, I can't print anything off the net while using the "Opera" Browser, I just get an error message saying: "No connection to printer" tried printing off line and everything was fine, I used Firefox, and was able to print off the net no problem, it only happens when using Opera, and this problem has only just occurred, Has anyone any idea what's going on?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 AM

Posted 03 April 2010 - 05:55 AM

Have you set Opera to use a network printer ? Select from menu Opera > Print > Print Options. Click on Paper and Orientation and either choose a printer from the drop-down list or click on Network to pick a network printer and connect to it.

#3 trouble at mill

trouble at mill
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 136 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:44 PM

Posted 04 April 2010 - 03:38 PM

Many thanks Romeo, that did the trick!

#4 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 AM

Posted 04 April 2010 - 08:22 PM

You are welcome :thumbsup:

#5 dawnachoe

dawnachoe

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 AM

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:52 AM

Just wanted to let everyone know how I fixed it using a MAC. I try to print in Opera. No connection to any of my network printers. I can print in all other browsers except Opera. I tested all my network connections. All perfect. Internet working fine. I wanted to print to an HP on the network. So I opened the print cue (system preferences - Print & fax). Then in the heading (next to the apple at the top of the computer) I had Opera system open on the page I want to print then the printer window open. Go to the menu bar under Printers - Network Diagnostics. It will bring up a window and follow the prompts. I first put Ethernet as my connection and it still wouldn't print with it working perfectly. Then I put it on Airport and hit continue. It then came up with a network error and I put all my network passwords in after selecting a network and it works.

Just so you know I have been playing with the mac and setting up 3 printers on the network and playing on the PC. They were all working just fine and it had nothing to do with user error. Something is UP with Opera Browser and it doesn't import your network print settings. Just add them into OPERA with the print cue open and it will work. Or at least it did for me. I just tried all the network printers and it worked. So it doesn't matter which Printer you open from your dock or system preferences. Just reset one of them and they all work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users