Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Anyone here have Chinese drywall?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 subtropical

subtropical

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 AM

Posted 02 April 2010 - 04:06 PM

I feel so sorry for these people.

Feds: Homes with Chinese drywall must be gutted
Apr 2 02:34 PM US/Eastern
By CAIN BURDEAU
Associated Press Writer
NEW ORLEANS (AP) - Thousands of U.S. homes tainted by Chinese drywall should be completely gutted, according to new guidelines released Friday by the Consumer Product Safety Commission.
The guidelines say electrical wiring, outlets, circuit breakers, fire alarm systems, carbon monoxide alarms, fire sprinklers, gas pipes and drywall need to be removed.

"We want families to tear it all out and rebuild the interior of their homes, and they need to start this to get their lives started all over again," said Inez Tenenbaum, chairwoman of the commission, the federal agency charged with making sure consumer products are safe.

About 3,000 homeowners, mostly in Florida, Virginia, Mississippi, Alabama and Louisiana, have reported problems with the Chinese-made drywall, which was imported in large quantities during the housing boom and after a string of Gulf Coast hurricanes.

<snip>

Associated Press Writer Brian Skoloff in West Palm Beach, Fla., contributed to this report.

___

On The Web:

Drywall Information Center: http://www.cpsc.gov/info/drywall/index.html

Full article By CAIN BURDEAU Associated Press Writer dated Apr 2 02:34 PM US/Eastern can be found by clicking: here

EDIT: Quote reduced to comply with fair use and to avoid copyright infringment. ~ Animal
:-)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2010 - 11:04 PM

Our Emergency Management team send out a note on this last week as well. The PDF has further pictures showing damages.

http://www.usfa.dhs.gov/downloads/pdf/coff...c_2010_0331.pdf

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#3 thewall

thewall

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,425 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2010 - 10:08 AM

This could be a total nightmare for some. At the least it is a large undertaking for anyone already living in these homes.
If I have helped you then please consider donating so I can continue the fight against malware Posted Image
All donations go directly to the helper

Posted Image

Due to the large amount of backlogs we have I cannot respond to PMs for help unless I am already working with you

#4 Basementgeek

Basementgeek

If God is your co pilot -switch seats

• Malware Response Team
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 AM

Posted 07 April 2010 - 09:11 PM

I saw another article just the other day. People can expect to pay 10's of thousands of dollars to replace this bad drywall.

I am just wondering about filling the space, between walls, with foam would seal it well enough. Paint on the other side
I would think would be good enough.

BG
Posted Image

#5 DeathStalker

DeathStalker

• Banned
  • 868 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2010 - 02:18 PM

I saw another article just the other day. People can expect to pay 10's of thousands of dollars to replace this bad drywall.

I am just wondering about filling the space, between walls, with foam would seal it well enough. Paint on the other side
I would think would be good enough.

BG

Nope. Think again.

The good old Chinese. They put lead the finishes of our baby furniture, toxins in the fish they sell us, GHB in the childrens toys we buy and now the sheetrock thing. But they sell it so CHEAP, let's keep buying this poisonous crap from walmart................. Who cares what it DOES to us, it is CHEAP and leaves us more money for beer.........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users