Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virus Protector my friend has it

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Shadow6697

Shadow6697

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:59 AM

Posted 02 April 2010 - 01:40 PM

I triple posted and I can't open my previous post I dont know why.

Alright, to start off, he has Windows Vista Home Basic. Now, I know there is the blog post on how to remove Virus Protector, but there is something interfering. Whenever I boot up his computer, his screen is all white, nothing is there whatsoever. then the program opens, and it tries to start scanning but it says it wont fix it w/o paying 50 bucks. Thats when I knew for a fact he had a virus. So now, the bar at the top of the screen came up after restarting a few times. I opened the Recycle Bin because it would open Windows Explorer. I opened AVG and started scanning. I then plugged in my SD Card and put MBAM on there and started scanning. MBAM found 151 infections in about two minutes, while AVG, at 22 mins, has not found anything. So then I tell him, where is his power cord, and he runs home to get it, and his laptop dies. So now, when I try to boot his computer up, I cannot get past Virus Protector. Please help! Even in safemode, the exact same thing happens!

edit

I forgot to say that when I alt+ctrl+del, I only get Lock this computer, Switch User, Log off, and Change a Password. No task manager.

edit

I scanned the comp. I got it to work and now it still doesnt work. MBAM removed almost 300 viruses too :thumbsup: Help please.

Edited by Shadow6697, 02 April 2010 - 04:16 PM.
Deleted the two duplicate topics ~ Elise

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users