Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Found New Hardware Wizard doesn't do anything

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 wizejoker

wizejoker

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 AM

Posted 02 April 2010 - 12:26 PM

Hello,

I'm asking this question because it's irritating that anytime I have a new device that is USB related, it almost never works on my laptop. On my old computer, upon entering a flash drive or a new ipod, the computer would just eventually say "Flash Drive is ready to use" or something similar. On this laptop, it always brings up the Found New Hardware Wizard. When I click "Install the software automatically" it normally searches and finds absolutely nothing. Is there a firewall problem here or something else? I've tried turning off all anti-spyware and firewalls but I still get nothing.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,106 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2010 - 12:54 PM

The question is...have you installed any appropriate drivers for said devices...following the instructions for said device? Some require drivers to be installed beforehand, some don't.

If you are talking PnP USB devices, then it's probably a problem with your USB controllers, IMO.

I never see the New Hardware Wizard unless I'm installing a video card, etc. My experiences are typically that I see a notice that such device has been installed and I need to reboot the system to assure proper performance. I don't add a lot of hardware to my system.

Louis

In Services...what is the status of the Windows Image Acquisition Service?

Edited by hamluis, 02 April 2010 - 12:59 PM.

#3 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:57 AM

Posted 02 April 2010 - 02:56 PM

Updated your drivers for the motherboard?

#4 HildeIII

HildeIII

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 AM

Posted 02 April 2010 - 05:15 PM

Updated your drivers for the motherboard?

That is what I have been told that I need to do. Anybody know a link where I can download motherboard driver for for emachine T3095?

Edited by HildeIII, 02 April 2010 - 05:19 PM.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,106 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2010 - 05:49 PM

Right where I'd expect them to be...almost :thumbsup:.

I've never seen this before, but I'm convinced that the drivers are disguised as a BIOS update. I've seen various eMachines systems, but this is a new trick.

See http://www.emachines.com/support/drivers.html AND http://downloads.emachines.com/drivers/bio...eadme_em_us.txt

More importantly, after you download the "apparent BIOS file", read the text document.

Louis

#6 HildeIII

HildeIII

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2010 - 12:04 PM

Right where I'd expect them to be...almost :thumbsup:.

See http://www.emachines.com/support/drivers.html AND http://downloads.emachines.com/drivers/bio...eadme_em_us.txt

At first link only see card reader download and modem download. The other link is just the instructions. Years ago I saw motherboard download at the site.

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,106 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2010 - 12:25 PM

HildeIII: Please start your own thread. I will then move the posts relating to you to YOUR thread...and answer your questions.

Louis

#8 HildeIII

HildeIII

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2010 - 12:29 PM

HildeIII: Please start your own thread. I will then move the posts relating to you to YOUR thread...and answer your questions.

Louis

I did start a thread- motherboard download location?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users