Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Disable @ Startup

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ezzy

Ezzy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:00 AM

Posted 18 September 2005 - 10:19 AM

Hey, I have two programs I would like to disable at startup. They are IMJPMIG.exe and IMEKRMIG.exe. I understand they have to do with language support in the browser (IE).

They aren't in my startup folder. If there is somewhere in the \TOOLS\INTERNET OPTIONS where I can either disable or uninstall them I can't remember where it is. Any guidance would be appreciated, thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2005 - 10:38 AM

Actually, I think that IEMKRMIG is an process in MS Office:

http://www.processlibrary.com/directory/files/IMEKRMIG/

From what I can understand, both of these only run when they are called by the program, so deleting them will not speed up your computer.

Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2005 - 10:56 AM

imjpmig or Imjpmig8.1 IMJPMIG.EXE
"Part of MS Input Method Editor which is used to ease the input of Asian characters in MS Office (Chinese)

IMEKRMIG6.1 IMEKRMIG.EXE
"Part of MS Input Method Editor which is used to ease the input of Asian characters in MS Office (Chinese)

Microsoft Global Input Method Editors (IMEs)
Published: March 18, 1999

International communication keeps getting easier thanks to full-featured, high-performance IMEs. An IME is a program that allows computer users to enter complex characters and symbols, such as Japanese characters, using a standard keyboard. Microsoft is now offering two Global IMEs—Global IME 5.02 and Global IME for Office XP.

By launching any language version of Word 2000, Internet Explorer 5.01 or greater, or Outlook Express—then selecting Global IME 5.02 from the taskbar, you can write the language you choose.

And now, you can input Chinese, Japanese, and Korean text into any Microsoft Office XP applications, Web forms, and e-mail messages on any language version of Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows Millennium, Windows 98, and Windows NT® 4.0 with Service Pack 6 (SP6) or later. And it's easy. After you have installed the Global IME for Office XP, you just start your Office XP program, select the language from the Language bar, and you can type the language you choose, regardless of the language version of Office XP or Windows you are using.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/downlo...me/default.mspx

Why do you want to eliminate this ability?

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,734 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 AM

Posted 18 September 2005 - 05:45 PM

If you have Spybot S&D, launch in Advanced Mode, go to Tools, System Startup and untick them if present.

You can also download a Startup Manager like Starter: http://members.lycos.co.uk/codestuff/products_starter.html
Double-click starter.exe to run or extract the zipped version to its own folder. Launch the program, go to the Startup Tab and untick there.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users