Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Newbie intro

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 vinceT

vinceT

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 PM

Posted 02 April 2010 - 10:36 AM

Hi There, VinceT, relative newbie, still learning how these electronic confusers work. The axiom I coined for the wonderful world of computers is, "Computers are great........when they work!". Feel free to use this phrase without copyright infringement if you have not already. I am the kind of guy who likes to go buy parts at Microcenter and Newegg, throw them together with duct tape, turn the power switch on, and hope the tape does not get so hot that it melts and allows the pieces to come apart. Usually, what I build works. Then, the challenge is to teach myself how to be a talented user. Most of my challenges have to do with learning the nuances of programs, network setup and functionality and keeping the machines secure from outsiders as I sell used Radio Control airplane and helicopter stuff on ebay. People are always trying to get into my computer and I'm always trying to protect it.

In the past, I've solved several computer problems by surfing and finding posts from users and solvers on bleeping just by emulating what's listed. This will be the first time I actually feel the need to get real help, so, I'll be posting in the problem solver-help column later.

I'm not a total newbie, but we're all newbies at some level or another. I'm probably still so green it's the reason why the landscaping telemarketers keep calling me to provide lawn cutting service when I don't even have real grass. I live in the woods of Northern Virginia and the lawn is mostly a collection of various scattered wild things that pretty much choke out the grass for me, but I still have to push the lawn mower to those things from growing tall enough to hide the deer so I don't scare them when I walk out the front door.

Well, there's my intro.

Cheers,
VinceT :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:23 AM

Posted 03 April 2010 - 12:57 AM

Hello and :thumbsup: to Bleeping Computer.

Be sure to check out the New User Orientation and the excellent Tutorials.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users