Hello ,If you cannot use the Internet,you will need access to another computer that has a connection.
From there save mbam-setup.exe
to a flash,usb,jump drive or CD. Now transfer it to the infected machine, then install and run the program.
If you cannot transfer to or install on the infected machine, try running the setup (installation) file directly from the flash drive or CD by double-clicking on mbam-setup.exe
so it will install on the hard drive.
Manually Downloading Updates:
Manually download them from HERE
and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe
to install. Alternatively, you can update through MBAM's interface from a clean computer, copy the definitions (rules.ref) located in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from that system to a usb stick or CD and then copy it to the infected machine.
Note: Mbam-rules.exe is not
updated daily. Another way to get the most current database definitions if you're having problems updating through the program's interface or have already manually downloaded the latest definitions (mbam-rules.exe) shown on this page
, is to do the following: Install MBAM on a clean computer, launch the program and update through MBAM's interface. Copy the definitions (rules.ref
) to a USB stick or CD and transfer that file to the infected machine. Copy rules.ref to the location indicated for your operating system. If you cannot see the folder, then you may have to Reconfigure Windows
to show it.
Before Running MBAM also copy these run these FixExe.regFixExe.reg
- XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Vista: C:\Documents and Settings\Users\All Users\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware[/color]
....click Run when the box opensRKill....
Please download Rkill
by Grinler and save it to your desktop.Link 2Link 3Link 4
If the computer is rebooted or a reboot occurs along the way you will need to run the application again as the malware programs will start again.
- Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.
- If using Vista, right-click on it and Run As Administrator.
- A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.
- If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.
- If it does not work, repeat the process and attempt to use one of the remaining links until the tool runs.
- If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.