Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Where Will This Course Take Me Career-Wise?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 FutureComputerCareer

FutureComputerCareer

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 AM

Posted 02 April 2010 - 09:32 AM

The course:

Network Systems Engineer

44 week Diploma Program

Certification Path: A+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA

This program is designed for those who do not have any technical background and would like to enter the field of networking. All of the courses you will take will help prepare you to pass Industry Certifications like Microsoft, CompTIA and CISCO. We will take you from the basics of repairing and trouble shooting a PC, where you will be prepared to pass your first Industry Certification by CompTIA and become A+ Certified. Then on to Microsoft, where you will start your designation of becoming MCP, MCSA 2003 and then MCSE 2003. After that, you will be exposed to Cisco, where you will obtain your first designation – CCNA.

The Windows 7 course is intended for IT professionals who are interested in expanding their knowledge base and technical skills about Windows 7. In this course, students learn how to install, upgrade, and migrate to Windows 7. Students then configure Windows 7 for network connectivity, security, maintenance, and mobile computing.

The Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) credential is the premier certification for professionals who analyze the business requirements and design and implement the infrastructure for business solutions based on the Microsoft Windows® 2003 platform and Microsoft Windows Server System™. Implementation responsibilities include installing, configuring, and troubleshooting network systems. The MCSE certification is appropriate for: Systems Engineers, Technical Support Engineers, Systems Analysts, Network Analysts, and Technical Consultants.

Program Outline:

Computer Fundamentals & DOS
Computer Concepts, Intro to XP and DOS Commands
CompTIA A+ Certified Technician
220-601: CompTIA A+ Essentials
220-602: CompTIA A+ IT Designation
Installing and Configuring Windows 7 Client
70-680: TS: Windows 7, Configuring
Network Fundamentals
This course prepares you with a solid foundation in Networking. Students will be introduced networking topics such as: networking components, troubleshooting basic networking hardware, protocols and services.
Microsoft Certified Professional *
Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator *
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer *
Cisco Certified Network Associate
70-270: Installing, Configuring and Administering Microsoft Windows XP Professional
70-290: Managing and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment
70-291: Implementing, Managing and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure
70-293: Planning and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure
70-294: Planning, Implementing and Maintaining a MS Windows Server 2003 Active Directory Infrastructure
70-284: Implementing and Managing MS Exchange Server 2003
70-298: Designing Security for Microsoft Networks
640-802: Cisco Certified Network Associate

-----------------

Apart from the noted jobs in the description, what jobs can I expect to get into upon graduation? Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MishY

MishY

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2010 - 08:29 PM

Here's a job finder site for this career. 880 jobs listed in my city for a Network Systems Engineer.
http://www.indeed.com/forum/job/Network-Sy...s-Engineer.html

#3 bigalexe

bigalexe

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 PM

Posted 04 April 2010 - 04:18 PM

Almost a year is a long time to spend in a program not offering an accredited degree or certificated for any profession.

If it's not a free program (free to you) I would find something else.
AMD Phenom II X6 2.8ghz
8GB DDR3 RAM
XFX ATI Radeon HD6850 1 GB DDR5, 26" Widescreen HDMI
500GB + 80GB HDD
Windows 7 Pro, Mozilla Firefox, AutoCAD 2011, Solidworks 2009
1/19/2012

#4 DeathStalker

DeathStalker

• Banned
  • 868 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2010 - 01:40 PM

Who is offering this course and how much are you paying for it?

#5 FutureComputerCareer

FutureComputerCareer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2010 - 03:08 PM

Here's more stuff upon graduation:

Career Management

Program Highlights include:

* Upon Graduation for one year 100+ Online Professional Development Courses
* Co-op Work Placement Through Public Service Commission (PSC)
* Career Development and Job Placement with Personalized Web Job Search Engine Tool for Graduates
* Microsoft IT Academy Institute
* Microsoft IT Academy Benefits

It's at a private career college, I don't want to disclose the name.

#6 DeathStalker

DeathStalker

• Banned
  • 868 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2010 - 06:29 PM

Well then I can't help you. My wife is vice provost of one of the top university's in the world. There isn't much she doesn't know about higher education. Being married to her for 17 years lol there isn't much I don't know either.

WSJ had a great article not too long ago on the scamster "colleges" who promise the world, take your money and leave you hanging.

But it's your money. Do as you wish but............

If the joint only "prepares" you for the tests, but the price of the tests (plus retests) is not being offered it's a scam.

If the place doesn't offer yo free "retraining" until you PASS the tests, it's a scam.

If you are paying more than 14,000 dollars for this, it's a scam.

Try New Horizons or Devry. They both have pretty solid reputations. Both are pricey and you could do better at a local technical (state run) school. I think New Horizons was charging around 14 grand last I looked for all the certs you mentioned, but thety offer the things I just mentioned. I've known a few kids who have gone through their programs. If that IS who you are dealing with lol, remember onething. You CAN haggle on price...........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users