Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Photo Gallery opening my pics and I HATE it - Pls help!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 EAC2010

EAC2010

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 AM

Posted 02 April 2010 - 08:24 AM

Hi all,
I tried to open some photos I received in an email and got a pop-up message asking which program I wanted to use to open it. There were really only 2 choices - Paint and Windows Photo Gallery. I chose Windows Photo Gallery and now it is the default that is opening all my photos. I am aware of how to go into the Control Panel to change the default program opening each extension type of file, HOWEVER none of the programs that are offered as possibilities to set as default are the program I was using before. I was using whatever that super simple program is that just comes installed on the computer...I feel silly that I don't know the name of it, but all I can say is that it is no-frills and the photo just appears in a box with a simple gray background. There are a few simple tabs at the top (file, edit, etc.) and a simple toolbar. I need to get back to that program but have no idea how to do it - PLEASE HELP!
Thanks in advance for your advice!
Erin

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DOSCAT

DOSCAT

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 AM

Posted 08 April 2010 - 09:10 AM

Hi EAC2010, Try this and see if you see the program you was using before,
highlight one of your picture's in you computer, then right click and a menu will
drop down and pick open with, then you should see all the picture program's there
that can view pictures, choose default at the bottom of the menu, then pick from there.
The program you picked will open your pictures as default.
I hope this helps you.

DOSCAT

Edited by DOSCAT, 08 April 2010 - 09:14 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users