Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DELL pc - is this overheating?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 RNPx

RNPx

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 AM

Posted 02 April 2010 - 04:50 AM

sorry for my bad english

i recently bought a brand new dell pc and after 3 days it already started having issues...

it reboots suddenly and i get BSOD a few times

i used to open the windows of my room for air circulation thinking it was an overheating issue
so it didn't reboot for a while
but then it started getting cold in my room so i closed the windows
and now it happens again

but im not sure whether i just got lucky those few weeks that it didn't happen or if it really is an overheating issue

a friend of mines laptop used to have the same problem, and she fixed it by opening up her laptop and her cooler had a lot of dust on it so she wiped that off and it started acting normal again
but it couldn't be the same problem with me cuz mines brandnew
i told her i was having the same issues and then she asked me how much memmory i have, i have 8 gigabyte of memmory and she said that was too much the cooler couldn't handle or something

anyway, is this overheating?

i downloaded HWMonitor from http://www.cpuid.com/hwmonitor.php
when i run it i find the highest heat at the GPU Core from the graphics card it's 46 C

can someone help me please?
i could sent it back to dell but then i don't have a pc to do my homework on till they fixed it which im sure will take quite some time

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 PM

Posted 02 April 2010 - 05:25 AM

46C on the graphics card is not within the danger zone unless the card is failing. whats the system temp and the CPU temp?

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#3 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 PM

Posted 02 April 2010 - 11:29 AM

I realize this computer is new, but sometimes during shipping and transport things can go wrong.

The heat sink might not be fully seated on top of the processor.

Someone might not have applied heat sink compound in between the processor and heat sink during assembly.

The heat sink fan may be defective.

Yes the device is new, but today parts for computers are massed produced and Quality Control isn't always enforced like it used to be.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users